Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new to riding and will be buying a 300 soon. My question is should I get the 300F or 300R? I like the 300F more due to full handlebars and sitting position. However, it will be my only means of transportation and living in the DFW area I'm wondering if the trade off for a full faring is worth the protection in bad weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great to see another DFW rider! I'm looking at getting mine in a few months, but honestly debating between the R and F. Overall, I like the F more, but curious if I should get the R simply for the full faring because it will be my only transportation.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Great to see another DFW rider! I'm looking at getting mine in a few months, but honestly debating between the R and F. Overall, I like the F more, but curious if I should get the R simply for the full faring because it will be my only transportation.
Hey Marc, welcome aboard! :D

Definitely go with what you feel most comfortable with. Neither version is superior to one another, and it simply comes down to preference. Take your time and try them both out multiple times to see which one you'd be most happy to live with. It's my only transportation as well (aside from borrowing a vehicle from the family if need be).

Look forward to running into each other here. :laugh:

I'll try to be unbiased, but I'd think you'd be fine either way. My first bike experience so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

Looks like your mind is set on the F... I really think you won't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an R and love it. However......I don't think there's an advantage or disadvantage as far as what kind of weather your riding in. I'd sit or test ride both and see which one fits your liking. Get yourself some good riding gear and you'll be just fine. Good luck......

·
Registered
352 Posts
The 300R still has a pretty upright riding position anyway. But from what ive read on here, the F is slightly more upright but I would bet not by much. And I think it depends on how aggressive you like to sit in the captain seat. Like a few have said here in this thread already, just give 'em a ride and see! Either way you cant go wrong; its a great bike man.
let us know which you get... cough300R cough, cough ...'scuse me....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts