Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Your new screen should offer good protection on that long trip, looks to be more than a 1000 mile journey. good stuff, enjoy it all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do the bike feels with the wind ? And most important with cars around doing whirlwind on you ?

Is hard on highway? slowing the bike badly ?

I know, ask, ask and ask ! ;)

Nice trip and enjoy it securely

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't imagine it would slow the bike at all. It's more aerodynamic than the body sitting behind it (which is what the wind would hit if it wasn't there). I haven't found a windscreen for these bikes that I like yet. This comes the closest, that's for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It feels great, hasn't slowed it down at all! completely keeps the wind off the upper body. There is a little bit of wind at the top of the helmet, not loud though, but that happens with all windscreens I'm guessing?
I had to do a lot of looking around, I didn't like the pointy ones, or the small ones. Since we are going to be touring from Oregon to Arizona round trip, needed something that was going to have better protection, the windscreen was super easy to install, Even the wind coming at your sideways makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It feels great, hasn't slowed it down at all! completely keeps the wind off the upper body. There is a little bit of wind at the top of the helmet, not loud though, but that happens with all windscreens I'm guessing?
I had to do a lot of looking around, I didn't like the pointy ones, or the small ones. Since we are going to be touring from Oregon to Arizona round trip, needed something that was going to have better protection, the windscreen was super easy to install, Even the wind coming at your sideways makes a huge difference.
That was a response on wind better than I was thinking it would be.
Glad to hear that is indeed the case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered one(the touring style of Jennies) from Amazon today. I'll update my impressions later. I also recently installed a Cortech 12 liter magnetic tank bag which is pretty nice.. I will inclose picts after the windscreen arrives and I check it out on the freeway. Also I ordered 30mm front fork springs with a higher loading rate than the stock as I am displeased with the weakness of the stock forks at .49kg/mm level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took it on the high way last weekend at 65+ mph and it made such a huge difference, and still getting 74.5 miles to the gallon was even better since I heard that gas mileage sucks once you put a screen on..

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm also interested in a smaller windscreen for longer trips. I'm interested to see what everyone comes up with.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered a Puig 5022H Light Smoke Universal to test this weekend. Hoping it does a bit better than the windshield I had on my DR650 (Had to rivet that one in place)

I'll be sure to post my impressions after a good, long ride on mixed roads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I almost Ordered that one, but decided to go with the touring one instead!. Puig is super easy to install too,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got the windscreen today, but the forecast is for Rain today through Wednesday so I don't know how much Riding I'll be able to do.

Install took about 15 minutes total (once I remembered to put the plastic caps onto the mounts that connect to the handle bars.)

Only needed a crescent wrench and an allen head driver.

No instructions whatsoever in the box I received, but it was easy enough to figure it out.

Here's 3 pics of it installed (minus those caps I forgot about until after I took the pics

Imgur

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got the windscreen today, but the forecast is for Rain today through Wednesday so I don't know how much Riding I'll be able to do.

Install took about 15 minutes total (once I remembered to put the plastic caps onto the mounts that connect to the handle bars.)

Only needed a crescent wrench and an allen head driver.

No instructions whatsoever in the box I received, but it was easy enough to figure it out.

Here's 3 pics of it installed (minus those caps I forgot about until after I took the pics

Imgur
Would like to hear your review upon test drive. I like the way it looks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
These windshields make a world of difference.

Just rode my bike in today and barely felt a thing as far as wind buffeting is concerned. I rode 5 miles of 45mph suburban streets, 5 miles of 55mph divided highway and, since I was early for work, I rode 15 miles of Interstate at 70Mph with 18 wheelers and the like passing me. The interstate ride was way more smooth than I would have believed and the turbulence from being passed by 18 wheelers was not bad at all. There was very, very little headshake caused by being passed. To me, it was enough to notice, but nothing to make you grip the grips any tighter over. I'm really surprised. Just riding at 65mph on a windy day without the windshield felt worse than my interstate jaunt...

My windshield is installed in a manner that maintains a gap between the bottom of the windshield and the bike for air to go through. That gap is about 1/2 inch (~1.25cm) If you look at the windshield as you're riding down the road, you may notice it does, indeed, shake a little bit when you go over bumps. The easiest and most cost-effective cure for that is to put your eyes back on the darned road. Problem solved.

I'm really impressed with it!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts