1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Motor Cycle News, an unnamed Japanese source at Honda said that CBR600RR sales in Europe and the UK will end after the 2016 model year due to the redesign costs necessary to comply with Euro4 emissions regulations, which will come into effect on January 1, 2017.[20] Sales of 2017 model year CBR600RRs in other markets are unaffected.[

Looks like it will be available to US market in 2017.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bigger and faster is all for the ego.(been there, done that)
Finally after hitting 60+(years) I have come to enjoy legal speeds on a whole lot lighter bike.
Topping out my 300 at about 90 mph (oops, did I say legal speeds) is just as much fun as doing way over 100 on larger heavier bikes. (Actually a lot less stressful)
The curves are way more fun on a much lighter bike than they were on a heavier bike doing the same speeds. I still tend to use what power I have available. And the 300f keeps me out of trouble, yet is tons of fun! I speed more on my 650 Burgman (a motorcycle in scooter disguise) as I pass cars on two lane roads (doing 100 mph.is no problem) Wonder what they think being passed by a scooter.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I suppose we will never get away from the "bigger is better" crowd who need to compensate for their *ahem* shortcomings.
Well, ya know, faster acceleration actually makes it shorter. It's stronger braking that could potentially make it longer. Oh, wait, I have to practice emergency braking on my 50cc scooter :devil:

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
According to Motor Cycle News, an unnamed Japanese source at Honda said that CBR600RR sales in Europe and the UK will end after the 2016 model year due to the redesign costs necessary to comply with Euro4 emissions regulations, which will come into effect on January 1, 2017.[20] Sales of 2017 model year CBR600RRs in other markets are unaffected.[

Looks like it will be available to US market in 2017.
Oh well that would make sense. From what I read I thought they meant all. I didn't think kids here in the U.S. would ever give up on 600's

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Michael
We still call scooters "Peanut Roasters"
Even though I don't understand why, I don't mind it. You can call them walnut shakers, for what I care. It seems there are far more scooters than motorcycles in Europe, and that's what counts. Talking is cheap; deeds speak :)

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Even though I don't understand why, I don't mind it. You can call them walnut shakers, for what I care. It seems there are far more scooters than motorcycles in Europe, and that's what counts. Talking is cheap; deeds speak :)
Not in the UK Michael. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
For me, two-wheeled vehicles are fun. The type and size of vehicle may change the kind of fun I am having, or where I go to have that fun, but they're all fun. I had a CPI 50cc 2 stroke scooter (admittedly, it was a bit hot-rodded). It was fun. My Symba was fun. My big displacement bikes have been fun. My SR500 was REALLY fun. One thing I find interesting here is riding the ferry--all the motorcycles are forced to park in a group regardless of size or type. It's a great way to see who is a "motorcyclist" and who is merely part of a fashion style.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Michael, It goes back to 50's and 60's - Rockers and Mods, the mods rode Vespa and Lambretta scooters hence we called their scooters peanut roasters. There are far more motorbikes than scooters in the UK. France has loads of scooters/mopeds as school kids can ride 49cc (max 28mph) from 14 years old. We also modded our standard bikes to cafe racer style when we were teenagers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lol, in the eighties I had a Lambretta GP150 and a Vespa P200E both regged as 125 during my brief mod and scooter boy days:eek:,
lambrettas side panels kept vibrating off, Vespas had woodruff key strip rear oil seals fail and cruciforms wear, ah the good old days, did prefer my Yammy RS100 though.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Lol, in the eighties I had a Lambretta GP150 and a Vespa P200E both regged as 125 during my brief mod and scooter boy days:eek:,
lambrettas side panels kept vibrating off, Vespas had woodruff key strip rear oil seals fail and cruciforms wear, ah the good old days, did prefer my Yammy RS100 though.
We used to do all our repairs on our old bikes 50' 60's etc. One of the things was to fit new small ends on my Ariel golden arrow sports 250cc 2 stroke and remured the bronze bushes so that the gudgeon pin would fit, as well as new pistons & rings when I was a teenager. All was done on the bench in the garden shed. Bikes were a lot easier to work on those days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts