Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from good old blighty.
I'am waiting for news of the delivery of my new bike from Honda to the dealers as the have run out of the Tricolour version, I can get red or black but no red white and blue.
When they get the bike i can get the frame number and then get the insurance sorted which at my age won't be a lot.
i'm looking forwards to reading loads of interesting threads and gleaning as much info as I can about CBr ownership.
I have managed to catch on to the reduced price so that was a double bonus after first seeing the competition, then reading the reviews which although not derogatory towards the Honda they definitely favoured the others which instantly moved me towards the CBr.
The watch word here is that the press tend to write stuff that massages the machismo of the egotistical reader with out and out power and performance figures that in the main are erelivant in the real world.
So! Honda CBr300r here we come!
Ride safe ride free all.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum, yes I hope you find this site interesting and informative too. It's a pretty good community, very little of people taking cheap potshots at another riders opinion... :rolleyes:

Great that you could see beyond those HP orientated reviews that are aimed at the younger riders wanting bragging rights. The Honda is often described as the best all-rounder, it's a very competent bike for riders of all ages and skill level.

I agree its worth waiting on the right color rather than accepting a compromise. When I bought my CBR250 I test rode a brand new tri-colour at my dealer with 2 miles on the clock. I was sold on the bike straight away but I really wanted a Repsol edition so I reluctantly went home and did the long wait like yourself.

Your location description made me laugh, I lived in Blighty myself for a couple of years in the mid-nineties.

I'm envious of you guys in the Northern hemisphere going into the riding season. As I type this its cold, wet and bleak outside. But as its my day off I'm still going to at least work on the bike!
Exciting times for you, enjoy your new acquisition when it arrives. :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Way to go on waiting for the right one in the exterior you want. I'm the same way.

Fyi, I did see a tricolor last week or so when I was at my local shop. If the wait becomes too long, don't hesitate to come on my side of the world to pick one up, haha. ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello everyone from good old blighty.
I'am waiting for news of the delivery of my new bike from Honda to the dealers as the have run out of the Tricolour version, I can get red or black but no red white and blue.
When they get the bike i can get the frame number and then get the insurance sorted which at my age won't be a lot.
i'm looking forwards to reading loads of interesting threads and gleaning as much info as I can about CBr ownership.
I have managed to catch on to the reduced price so that was a double bonus after first seeing the competition, then reading the reviews which although not derogatory towards the Honda they definitely favoured the others which instantly moved me towards the CBr.
The watch word here is that the press tend to write stuff that massages the machismo of the egotistical reader with out and out power and performance figures that in the main are erelivant in the real world.
So! Honda CBr300r here we come!
Ride safe ride free all.
Another new member from the UK :) Welcome.

Think there's a few tri-colour models down here in the south of England. I have the tri-colour too :) .

It's a good fun bike and you'll enjoy it :) .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like my kinda place. Sorry it taken so long to reply, but its been manic here at home what with one thing and another. Where about in good olde England did you live? I'm jealous of you living in NZ, I have watched travel programmes about both islands and it looks like paradise.
Speak soon Hopefully
Regards

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi Mike I was tempted by the R3 at first. I haven't had a sports bike for years, wrong age and shape for that arse in the air malarkey. Then I wondered the world wide wobbly thing and studied the form. And found the Honda won me over, there was the KTM, Yan, Kwak and Honda 300s. Here in good old greater Europe we have these daft licencing laws, which have no effect on me as I passed my test just about when they stopped walking in front with a red flag. But the bikes in this class get flagged up as also rans, due to the rather large egos of the average British rider.

This normally equates to some car park willy waving and loads of BS! For me a bike should look good not cost a lot be able to do the job for which it was intended, and not make me afraid of taking it out hail rain or shine.

In the main Brit riders scurry away when they see a grey cloud, there is no chance of seeing them at 0630 on a wet and cold February morning although if you should happen to castigate a driver about their godawfull driving they repost with "I ride a bike too!" So WTF is it then?
Rant over back in my box.
"Nurse! Nurse!"

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fantic old fruit Texas sound like a blast. Home of Billy Gibbons. and the subject of a great wasp classic Blind in Texas! Mega. Bet there are some cracking roads to ride in your neck of the woods. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CBR300R whatya! Thanks for the welcome from sunny Surrey. Yea I think the Tricolour has been popular. Thankfully they have some more left at Honda UK I'm expecting delivery on Thursday and then I can get a reg number and get it covered on insurance then Saturday take delivery all things being equal.
"Oh Happy Day!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ride safe down there you have some real nutters about in leafy Surrey I used to get the late afternoon screamer into EC1 on a Friday when I was dispatching.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Where about in good olde England did you live? I'm jealous of you living in NZ, I have watched travel programmes about both islands and it looks like paradise.
Norwich in Norfolk. Was more my pace than London and I fitted in well once I cracked the ice with locals which took half a year! I had a blast there, a great period in my life. Got down to Donnington to watch the superbikes a couple of times and really enjoyed the live music scene.

Yes NZ is a great biking county with our relatively light traffic flows and lots winding roads & mountain ranges. The other stuff I probably take for granted :D

Ps. There is a multi quote function you can use to reply to more than one person in a post if you like. Motomike could possibly explain how to use it as I'm not sure.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Norwich in Norfolk. Was more my pace than London and I fitted in well once I cracked the ice with locals which took half a year! I had a blast there, a great period in my life. Got down to Donnington to watch the superbikes a couple of times and really enjoyed the live music scene.

Yes NZ is a great biking county with our relatively light traffic flows and lots winding roads & mountain ranges. The other stuff I probably take for granted :D

Ps. There is a multi quote function you can use to reply to more than one person in a post if you like. Motomike could possibly explain how to use it as I'm not sure.

Yes I know what you mean about the far east of the Uk. Don't you have to be third generation or something before you are considered as a local?
Thanks for the tip on replies I'm still trying to find my way round here. But I'm enjoying it so far. Not long now till I get the bike, the excitement is building.

How long you been riding and what bikes have you had?
Regards

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes I know what you mean about the far east of the Uk. Don't you have to be third generation or something before you are considered as a local?
Thanks for the tip on replies I'm still trying to find my way round here. But I'm enjoying it so far. Not long now till I get the bike, the excitement is building.

Regards
I think Canada is doing that now.

If you're born in Canada and have parents born elsewhere, you are now second class.

A lot of my Canadian friends are pissed about it.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
35yrs, started when I was 10. Ive had a string of single cylinder Honda trail bikes, Yamaha SR250 custom, Beemer boxer twin, couple of Jap 4 cylinders then had a couple of Ducati V twins (which i really liked) then after a break of 4 or 5 years paying last of mortgage off I've got into the baby CBR's. Loadsa fun!
Generally have a trail bike as well as a road bike as I learnt on the dirt and its stuck with me.
Still awake? :laugh:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how long you been riding

35yrs, started when I was 10. Ive had a string of single cylinder Honda trail bikes, Yamaha SR250 custom, Beemer boxer twin, couple of Jap 4 cylinders then had a couple of Ducati V twins (which i really liked) then after a break of 4 or 5 years paying last of mortgage off I've got into the baby CBR's. Loadsa fun!
Generally have a trail bike as well as a road bike as I learnt on the dirt and its stuck with me.
Yes still wide awake! me I'm in excess of 35 years like you a string of bikes in the past. Like you I'm about to take delivery of a new CBr when it finally arrives. I'm told its at the dealers waiting for some one to unpack it and prep it. So probably won't get it till next week now. Also a 1980 KE 175.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That is quite the number of years to have under your belt of riding.

Wish i started that young!

Only started when I was 18.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
That is quite the number of years to have under your belt of riding.

Wish i started that young!

Only started when I was 18.
18 is young enough to be starting. Its interesting tho to note how many GP and superbike riders start out dirt riding at a really young age, hone those core skills required to handle a machine on the limit of traction then go onto to compete successfully on the world stage in road/circuit racing.
I think I've managed to successfully hijack my own thread now...:laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts