Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for taking the time. I am looking to buy a tool (special pliers) that will make it easier to remove the fuel line connection (under the tank) so I can remove the tank from the motorcycle.
I just couldn't get mine undone by hand or with regular pliers.
Advice/ links / descriptions appreciated - thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
It's been quite a few years since I sold my CBR so I couldn't remember what type of connector it was but it rang a bell for me as being tricky (could use other words there lol) to unclip.
So a YT search bought up two clips and it looks like you need to push the yellowish inner plastic piece inwards once you pull down the tab with your thumb nail or a screw driver. Hope this helps.

2m:17s in this clip:

1m:43s in this clip:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kiwi rider is correct: pliers won't actually work for this task. I used a very small flathead screwdriver to push the clip in, then a thumbnail to press the tab forward while pulling the connector back just like in the video. On the 2015 CBR300R I'm working on there are actually two of these connectors, one at each end of the fuel line; one might be easier for you to reach than the other, depending on what you've already removed from the bike.

Good luck! It's a mystery if you don't know the trick, but once you've done it it's easy.

-Craig in Sunnyvale, CA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts