Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, Im new to the forum and I thought I would try it out. Here is a little bit about myself:
I currently live in Burbank, CA. I have been riding dirtbikes for 14 years now and am just getting into streetbikes. I bought a Honda cb300f last year and so far I am loving it, because it allows me to ride practically 24/7 :D. Now that I’ve had it for a year I’m kinda wishing for a faster bike but unfortunately for me I am only 5 feet so I have to take weight and height into consideration :(. Anyways I would really like to get a riding buddy/friend/partner in crime to come riding with me up Angeles Crest Highway(which is my usual go to ride). If you’re around that area then message me asap! lol

ps: I've attached a pic of me when I first got my bike last year(I have made some mods to it since then but I don't have any current photos :/)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hey Cherry, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got a bit of experience with bikes. Dirt bikes sure are a great way to hone your skills huh.
I'm sure if there's any members in your area they would be keen to hook up for a blast.
Enjoy your riding :)

Reactions: 08cherry

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hello Cherry. Nice looking bike. 1 year under your belt is good on the 300. I'm not saying you would upgrade straight to a 600rr, but if you did there really isn't much difference in seat height and the weight 'I believe?' is still under 400lbs. The difference would be a huge increase in power and a pretty big difference in sitting style, it's more laid out. Do your feet sit flat on the ground while sitting on your bike now? There is a video on youtube of a girl that is 5 feet tall and she lowered the bike about 3 inches and now she can put her feet flat on the ground. It's a fairly simple mod and she walked you through it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9L0tNGmEvc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mikal! Thanks for the vid! I've seen a lot of short girl videos but this was a new one for me lol.
The thing about lowering my bike is that from everyone I've talked to they advised against that option because it would mess with the performance. They said if anything I should just shave the seat which would probably be a good idea for me since I can only one foot it and barley at that(im on my tippy toes lol). But I've been lazy and have not done so yet lol.
As for the "sitting style" your definitely right about that. I'm so used to the upright seating position, having to sit lower is going to feel so unnatural to me lol but maybe I'll get used to it :p

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hello Cherry...Welcome to the Forum... Good choice in a ride. You can't go wrong with a bike like yours. Are you aware that Honda offers a lower seat option for your bike?? (You probably do..:))

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
54 Posts
My girlfriend is about 5" taller than you but she opt for the grom for the ease of touching the ground and moving it in and out of the garage. For a little more she could have gotten a cbr like mine :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Toronto, Cherry. You both are smiling…good. Riding year round? I'm packing up my belongings...
Ya I'm able to ride year round here :) California stays at a pretty decent temperature although today it was raining like crazy so no riding :/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Cherry...Welcome to the Forum... Good choice in a ride. You can't go wrong with a bike like yours. Are you aware that Honda offers a lower seat option for your bike?? (You probably do..:))
I actually do know it comes with a lower seat. But I have a list of things I want to put/change on my bike so I haven't ordered that yet. I am currently putting a two brothers tarmac racing exhaust on it but I think the seat is the next to go on haha :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My girlfriend is about 5" taller than you but she opt for the grom for the ease of touching the ground and moving it in and out of the garage. For a little more she could have gotten a cbr like mine :(
Groms are pretty fun! My uncle has one but if she wanted to she could definitely handle a cbr. Once she get's used to one footing it and the overall bulkiness of the bike it becomes like a walk in the park. Or at least it did for me. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to put two feet on the ground but ya can't change what's not possible. But as long as she's having fun then that's all that matters! :)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hey Mikal! Thanks for the vid! I've seen a lot of short girl videos but this was a new one for me lol.
The thing about lowering my bike is that from everyone I've talked to they advised against that option because it would mess with the performance. They said if anything I should just shave the seat which would probably be a good idea for me since I can only one foot it and barley at that(im on my tippy toes lol). But I've been lazy and have not done so yet lol.
As for the "sitting style" your definitely right about that. I'm so used to the upright seating position, having to sit lower is going to feel so unnatural to me lol but maybe I'll get used to it :p
Well this is just my opinion, which many people will disagree with but a lot of people BS about changing the size of tires and suspension changes. I've seen and ridden many of these 'changes' in person and have not altered any performance issues. Maybe if you are on a track but normal everyday riding is hardly damaging.
Anyway there is another option, Honda also makes a narrower/lower seat as well. It is $140ish but it does lower the seat about 1.5" inches.
Sorry didn't read all the other seat posts. But I did give you some specs on it :laugh:

·
Banned
777 Posts
Hey there, Im new to the forum and I thought I would try it out. Here is a little bit about myself:
I currently live in Burbank, CA. I have been riding dirtbikes for 14 years now and am just getting into streetbikes. I bought a Honda cb300f last year and so far I am loving it, because it allows me to ride practically 24/7 :D. Now that I’ve had it for a year I’m kinda wishing for a faster bike but unfortunately for me I am only 5 feet so I have to take weight and height into consideration :(. Anyways I would really like to get a riding buddy/friend/partner in crime to come riding with me up Angeles Crest Highway(which is my usual go to ride). If you’re around that area then message me asap! lol

ps: I've attached a pic of me when I first got my bike last year(I have made some mods to it since then but I don't have any current photos :/)
Nice!
Both the bike and the girl!
Unfortunately I'd have to ride over 3k miles to meet up, lol.
A Honda Rebel and Suzuki S40 has a lower seat than this, but not a lot of bikes go lower than 30"
Enjoy!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forums Cherry! Great choice on the 300F, I love mine. I don't live in So-Cal but I wish I did. I have quite a few friends out there who ride and I am green with envy of yall. As for the vertically challenged struggle, I hear you completely. I'm 5'3 so the Honda's low seat height and weight put it at the top of my list just for livability. Everyone says a big bike can be done, but it's enough of a struggle at times trying to move the 300 around on my tiptoes that anything bigger isn't even on my radar at the moment lol. If you were to make the jump to a bigger bike though, what do you see yourself going to?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forums Cherry! Great choice on the 300F, I love mine. I don't live in So-Cal but I wish I did. I have quite a few friends out there who ride and I am green with envy of yall. As for the vertically challenged struggle, I hear you completely. I'm 5'3 so the Honda's low seat height and weight put it at the top of my list just for livability. Everyone says a big bike can be done, but it's enough of a struggle at times trying to move the 300 around on my tiptoes that anything bigger isn't even on my radar at the moment lol. If you were to make the jump to a bigger bike though, what do you see yourself going to?
Hey Doc! lol I wish I was 3in taller! haha life would be so much easier. If I had to choose which bike I would get next I think I would probably go with the Honda cbr600 only because one it's got a little bit lower seat height than the other 600cc bikes, two because I love Honda, and three because the 2016 models they came out with look badass! haha :p. Honda has also never let me down buuuut if I had my second choice then I would definitely go with the Yamaha R6. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice!
Both the bike and the girl!
Unfortunately I'd have to ride over 3k miles to meet up, lol.
A Honda Rebel and Suzuki S40 has a lower seat than this, but not a lot of bikes go lower than 30"
Enjoy!
Thanks! I just wish there were more girls that rode :(
Make it a road trip and come experience So Cal weather! I need more ridding buddies :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this is just my opinion, which many people will disagree with but a lot of people BS about changing the size of tires and suspension changes. I've seen and ridden many of these 'changes' in person and have not altered any performance issues. Maybe if you are on a track but normal everyday riding is hardly damaging.
Anyway there is another option, Honda also makes a narrower/lower seat as well. It is $140ish but it does lower the seat about 1.5" inches.
Sorry didn't read all the other seat posts. But I did give you some specs on it :laugh:
Ya im just scared that if I lower it that every bump I go over has the potential to hit my bottom. Growing up with dirtbikes, my natural instinct when I see a bump is to hit the gas not the brakes. So I don't want to end up flying off my bike because it was too low lol. Do you think if I lower it 2in that it would be fine?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Ya im just scared that if I lower it that every bump I go over has the potential to hit my bottom. Growing up with dirtbikes, my natural instinct when I see a bump is to hit the gas not the brakes. So I don't want to end up flying off my bike because it was too low lol. Do you think if I lower it 2in that it would be fine?
2 Inches is quite a lot. If you did that I would suggest setting the rear shock dampener on a higher setting so it doesn't bottom out. Also possibly new internal fork springs for the front end or some pre-load adjusters to stiffen that up too. So ultimately I'd say with all the work and $$ involved that's probably not the best way to go.
You said you were going to try the smaller seat? Try that out that's about 1.25-1.5 inches and then wear some nice boots with thick soles lol

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Cherry... You could search Youtube and see if any one has the Honda Lowered seat installed.... (It might be worth a shot)

Reactions: 08cherry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2 Inches is quite a lot. If you did that I would suggest setting the rear shock dampener on a higher setting so it doesn't bottom out. Also possibly new internal fork springs for the front end or some pre-load adjusters to stiffen that up too. So ultimately I'd say with all the work and $$ involved that's probably not the best way to go.
You said you were going to try the smaller seat? Try that out that's about 1.25-1.5 inches and then wear some nice boots with thick soles lol
lol thanks for the advice! I think i'll start with the lower seat option :D

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts