1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Not me..BTW bike is a 250 R..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I was almost killed by an animal-loving good Samaritan once.

A long, straight road with good visibility. I am on a ZZR1100 and 'making progress'. Just one car up ahead and a clear road ahead of it. There were a couple of cars behind me, also going quickly. We are closing fast on the car ahead and planning to overtake. Just before I move out, the darn driver up ahead just slammed the brakes on, in a cloud of tyre smoke. There was no way I could stop in time. Even if I could, I doubt the cars behind could have missed me. I knew there could be something in front of the car, so going past was not without risk. I had to clench my sphincter and overtake as wide as I could, while braking as hard as I dared. I hit gravel doing maybe 100mph but luckily stayed on. Another life used up.

It turned out a tiny baby duck was waddling across the road and so Lady Samaritan just hit the anchors. On a highway. None of the cars behind her could have seen the duckling.

Had I nailed the back of her car, I would have been to blame in the eyes of the law, yet who drives as though the car ahead - doing 70mph on an apparently empty road, might at any moment just stop dead? Well actually, I do - now.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well, someone had to save the cat...

Smart lady. Was wearing her full gear. The bike (250?) sounded great too.

Reactions: tperraut

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
OMG Kiwi! Priceless.....:) :) :)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
236 Posts
Maybe I'm a jerk, but I wouldn't leave my bike sitting in the middle of an intersection for a cat. I would probably go park it somewhere safe first. I hate cats, but they are living things and should be saved I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Maybe I'm a jerk, but I wouldn't leave my bike sitting in the middle of an intersection for a cat. I would probably go park it somewhere safe first. I hate cats, but they are living things and should be saved I guess.
Aww, how could one hate that poor little defenceless puddy tat :laugh:;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts