·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Recall ID # KK3, Mainshaft Circlip Recall

2019 CB300R
2018 CBR300R, CRF250L
2018-19 CMX300 Rebel

"A circlip that secures the transmission gear to the main shaft could detach and result in gear misalignment.
"A misaligned gear can shift the transmission from neutral into gear during engines start, potentially resulting in unexpected motorcycle movement, or seize the transmission and rear wheel while motorcycle is in motion. Either outcome increases the risk of crash or injury.

Honda Support # 866-784-1870
or the Honda website, powersports.honda.com

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Honda Recall ID # KK3, Mainshaft Circlip Recall

2019 CB300R
2018 CBR300R, CRF250L
2018-19 CMX300 Rebel

"A circlip that secures the transmission gear to the main shaft could detach and result in gear misalignment.
"A misaligned gear can shift the transmission from neutral into gear during engines start, potentially resulting in unexpected motorcycle movement, or seize the transmission and rear wheel while motorcycle is in motion. Either outcome increases the risk of crash or injury.

Honda Support # 866-784-1870
or the Honda website, powersports.honda.com
I know the CBR300 R is made in Malaysia...are the others also? If so I wonder about (to a degree) quality of Honda's produced there. Mind you other than the crank recall on my 300 R I had no issues with my 2015.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My CB300R is Thailand. I'm reasonably sure wherever Honda has their factories, the quality control is superb. **** just happens occasionally and they stand behind it. My only issue is some of the dealers taking these engines apart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I don’t have warranty how does this work they send out the part for free and I have to pay labour which will probably cost me my left sack

·
Registered
287 Posts
When Honda issues a "Safety Recall", it's a recall for the motorcycle. Not specific to the original owner of the bike, and it has nothing to do with warranty. It's a safety recall on the motorcycle. Ask any authorized Honda Motorsport Dealer to verify if your bike's VIN is involved in the recall. They'll order any needed parts and schedule time for the repair with their service dept. NO fee to the owner. Honda pays for parts and any labor involved in the recall. Have your VIN in hand and give your favorite Honda dealer a call. If your bike is covered in the recall, the dealer will take it from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts