Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for my own curiosity and entertainment. I have been searching for video of a real life video of a CBR300 racing with other bikes on a track and so far I can't find any.

Does anybody have an video they can share?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I also haven't had any luck with finding anything as yet, we might have to wait longer, hopefully not too much longer.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I doubt you'd find video of a CBR300R in actual race competition, as it doesn't fit in any class that it could be competitive in... it obviously can't race in the 250 cc classes. You might be able to find something in the way of track day footage on YouTube in the future once there are more of these bikes out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I doubt you'd find video of a CBR300R in actual race competition, as it doesn't fit in any class that it could be competitive in... it obviously can't race in the 250 cc classes. You might be able to find something in the way of track day footage on YouTube in the future once there are more of these bikes out there.

hopefully we will see something soon. I read that Yamaha blue will be running the R3 as soon as it is out. hopefully the race circuit is gearing up for a 1/4 liter class for the CBR, Ninja, and R3 that is a 300cc class. fingers crossed. it would be fun to watch some races of these bikes. I would love to see the CBR in race action.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I had found this ad on Youtube and if there is a long playing version instead of just a couple seconds of clips it would be a great find

http://youtu.be/76I5-ULl-Uo
I just saw this thread..watched above video and honestly chuckled at the fact that they substituted the actual sound of the engine with the sound of a in-line 4......now why in **** would Honda do that??? Strange...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Years ago I was a BIG G.P. 500cc fan and now I find Moto 3 just as exciting..man they wind those little 250's up. And yes the 300 Dream Cup in Thailand seems slow to Moto 3 too...

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
Would be interesting to see some of those bikes close up and see what sort of mods they have done to their bikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is live footage of me racing a 2014 CBR 300r.

I also still race this bike for WERA and I'm currently leading 2 different classes for the championship. Main competitor has been the KTM 390 and maybe a 100lb kid on a Ninja 300 lol

http://youtu.be/JAbvQbdwNtM

I have a ton more videos I'll get to posting. Today on YouTube.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CBR 300r at VIR...

http://youtu.be/m0H1E7Io7Uk

The trick for me to being fast on this bike has been completely based on throttle control and tires (95f and 115r) Dunlop. They look awfully skinny and almost unheard of but do the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I realize that Honda supports you in your endeavor among perhaps other supporters....but if you can (off the record) tell us you really like about the 300R as a race bike and where do you feel the 300 R needs improving. That is suspension/tires/power ETC.

Thank you very much...

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
CBR 300r at VIR...

The trick for me to being fast on this bike has been completely based on throttle control and tires (95f and 115r) Dunlop. They look awfully skinny and almost unheard of but do the job.
Cool, that's a camera position I've never seen before. It almost sounds like your running a quick shifter?
I'm blown away by those tire specs, thats gonna give good fuel to the 160 tire haters on this site! :laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
What I love the most is the handling and rider height with respect to suspension geometry.

What I hate the most is the slight increase in cc size. I come from racing 250's and you can very slightly feel the power difference. I must say Honda made a good job on making a more sleek design with body work because it helps with performance when you compare it to the 250 power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do have a quick shifter on it but I don't use it bc it's meant to be used as a gp shifter which I've grown to hate on a bike that's light on the corners. In the video it's all clutch and throttle shifting :)

CBR 300r at VIR...

Cool, that's a camera position I've never seen before. It almost sounds like your running a quick shifter?
I'm blown away by those tire specs, thats gonna give good fuel to the 160 tire haters on this site!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
What I love the most is the handling and rider height with respect to suspension geometry.

What I hate the most is the slight increase in cc size. I come from racing 250's and you can very slightly feel the power difference. I must say Honda made a good job on making a more sleek design with body work because it helps with performance when you compare it to the 250 power.
You do not like the increase in cc size? (36cc to 286cc total) May I ask why??? Perhaps it does not rev up as fast?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't like that it's 286cc size bike considered a 300. Meaning in many race divisions you have to race as a 300. I just wish it would've been a more aggressive size increase but still a 300cc type bike.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts