1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
As tempting as it may be, I'd rather not... :eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh man, I bet you sure feel like an idiot lol. I never felt the need to do wheelies... I've never had the guts to attempt one because of what can happen. sucks about your bike, sounds like it coulda been worse tho

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is why I have a second bike. When I was doing track days and autocross in my car I had a class prepped car for such.
My 94 gs500e is my dumb dumb bike. If I feel like doing dumb stuff on playing around I take that beater behind the research centers near my house and go to town. Buying a new bike and learning how to do things that are conducive to wrecking it are not on my list.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
10 outta 10 for enthusiasm! I tend to do most of my wheelies on my XR trailie as dirt is a bit more forgiving than the road... Pleased to hear parts are cheap tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would feel like an idiot if I couldn't afford to fix it. I can,so who cares. It's a Learning experience. I'm not the first nor the last. It will be fixed in a week by my local Honda dealer. Be back wheeling then ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
This is why I have a second bike. When I was doing track days and autocross in my car I had a class prepped car for such.
My 94 gs500e is my dumb dumb bike. If I feel like doing dumb stuff on playing around I take that beater behind the research centers near my house and go to town. Buying a new bike and learning how to do things that are conducive to wrecking it are not on my list.
10 outta 10 for enthusiasm! I tend to do most of my wheelies on my XR trailie as dirt is a bit more forgiving than the road... Pleased to hear parts are cheap tho.

As brannyb & kiwi rider point out, most who do wheelies and other stunts, practice on older bikes that either don't matter if they get dinged up in the process, and don't have a bunch of cowls and fairings that can be expensive to replace when you bin the bike... older dirt bikes are great for wheelies.

I would feel like an idiot if I couldn't afford to fix it. I can,so who cares. It's a Learning experience. I'm not the first nor the last. It will be fixed in a week by my local Honda dealer. Be back wheeling then ;)
If you're new to bikes, and you're just learning to do wheelies on a new CBR300R (or any new bike for that matter), you're probably going to find that you are the exception... most of us don't have money to just throw down for new body work at the drop of a hat every time the bike goes over... and it will go over, and over, and over... If you do have money to burn, thats great.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
after being run into by an old lady, what was estimated to be
2 weeks turnaround for mainly fairing panel replacements,
took 2 months due to one, fairing panel [main right side]
being 'unavailable in australia'..

dont know about your neck of the woods but
aussies might make sure of availability of fairings
before leaving bike for repairs.. if id known
i could have ridden her for months, until
the new panel to arrived..

never felt the need to do wheelies on any of
6 road hondas.. other than low wheel lift
in rolling acceleration etc..

if i have i pie tho, its for eating,
not balancing it on my head..

but,, there is a skill in it,
and to each their own
of course..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good for you. ride it like you stole it. Don't whether to call you mate or mate'ss?;)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Those are some good looking badges of courage! Now your bike tells a story
Sad part is.. so does his wallet!:eek:

·
Registered
487 Posts
what you should do is keep it as is and keep practicing cause you gonna drop it more. Once you feel that you're good enough to not drop it is when you fix it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
When a racecar drifts out of a corner simply because the driver is hard on the throttle, on the limit yet trying to extract every millisecond of lap time - very cool.

When a car goes by drifting because the driver has deliberately provoked a slide, such as in the 'sport' of drifting - boring.

When a bike wheelies because the rider is racing, dialling in more power than physics will allow yet trying to lap as fast as humanly possible - very cool.

When a bike wheelies because the rider dumped the clutch and yanked on the bars just to show he can wheelie - boring.

Just my opinion. :)

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
... Don't try this at home kids! :D
Trix & Wheelies are for kids.

If only I were 40 years younger, I'd have me one of those super awesome silver plastic swing arm covers and then go pop some wheelies. Yup, I'd be out there popping a whole bunch of rad wheelies tonight.

And I'd have video of it and put it up on YouTube and Facebook for all the world to see how super good I was at popping cool wheelies.

Awesome.

:p

Reactions: jkautz and JNO

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So stunts and wheelies are hard eh? Need lots of power eh?

Well, if you can do them on a Honda C90, how hard can it be.......?

https://youtu.be/qJyzxHGM2YE

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm afraid I'd rather not find out how to do wheelies because it may not end up being "rubber side down" for me afterwards, lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts