Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

They don't talk about the cb300f much, but that is a good thing apparently, as the 300f came in first. I was actually considering buying the Yamaha SR400 at the risk of being called a hipster, but I think the kick start would have gotten old. I kind of wish Honda would release a "new" throwback bike in the 300-700cc range.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's a pretty good review. I was looking for more comparisons of small displacement bikes for a while. I also really liked the Yamaha sr400, but I feel it is way too expensive for what it is. If it were similarly priced to the Honda Rebel or had a little extra power, I would have considered buying it more.

·
Registered
96 Posts
small bike comparison

yes it was like everybody liked the Honda that's a given & it's new technology so lets move on, strange guess we'll have to wait for the mag article?

the Suzuki TUX it's funny these small bike reviews always include this model bike & nobody can ever ever land any punches on this bike, it looks great, handles well, no fuss bike, descent price range, good for women or men at least < say 5' 9" in height, it was a very pleasant experience for me to own this model bike for a couple of years as an alternate bike

the Yamaha sr400 the only real punch landed against this bike is it's price range, plenty of riders would say kick start no problem, but then plenty of less experienced riders would just walk away from the kick start, I still think if they just change the color(s) for this bike it would make a big difference

the GW got it's typical review

the RE yes looks great, just take your anti vibration meds & carry tools, but for a factory café bike out of the box & still has kick start etc, has character

for my check boxes personally for a small displacement bike: alloy wheels/ radials & six gears, twin vs single I could really go either way but I typically would prefer the single for simplicity in an alternate bike

Reactions: Dizzy

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed it. Not a lot of discussion around the Honda tho which i found surprising as 'bang for your buck' it appears to be a clear winner.

I do like the classic retro look, esp the Enfield but disappointing to hear its got vibration issues and a lack of power. It did sound good tho .

I think the kick start of the SR400 would get second hand very quickly, esp when youve just stalled it at the front of the lights with a whole queue of traffic behind you!

The GW 250 is just plain ugly - that bike belongs in a pound, not a garage. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
my third daughter without any driving or riding experience
bought herself that nice suzuki tu250x retro single..
she specifically wanted that style of motorcycle..

it has a 770mm or 30" seat height, which as important
for short-arse p3, who is just small, and wanted to have
some sort of stable contact with the road when stopped etc..

no abs, but she has attacked it slowly,, taking her time learning it
around her neighbourhood on back streets..
her long term partner has gotten his license too after trying it..
tu250x curb weight 326lb compared to cbr250r 359lb..
so its also easy for p3 to manage and move around etc..

she got it in good nick as a trade in on a ktm390rc..
it is well balanced, well designed by suzuki, air cooled
but fuel injected, cdi ignition, ok lights etc..

it makes its torque [17, comp to its 16hp] at 4,500rpm, 5 gears..
that nice simple flowing exhaust has a cat and pair valve,
which is one lesson in design from suzuki to honda..

its light to start with [23lb under cbr250r] so easy to see
potential for further lightening and personalising etc..
not to mention adding to its 16hp..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts