Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
What constitutes a "road trip"? We do about 100/150 miles when we ride and wife does not complain about a sore butt :) Mostly ride just big circles about the homestead. Don't see any reason to leave the area.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I find that sitting for any extended period of time has me feeling like that.
Getting off every so often to stretch your legs and walk for a bit might help put off that soreness till a bit later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The secrets to enjoyable long motorcycle trips are 1) Leave early 2) Change your butt position on the saddle often 3) Wear a pair of cycling shorts under your safety pants. They have proper chamois padding 4) Stop to stretch and hydrate yourself at least every 2 hours 5) Prepare for bad weather. 6) Safety first eg very high cross winds etc pull off and sleep over rather than pushing on. 7) Plan your route and stops.8) Carry puncture repair kits and know how to use them 8) Have a contact number for emergency tow in companies (eg here it's The AA) 9) Also I look up the phone numbers for Honda dealers in the major towns I will be passing through and load them in my cell phone - have never had to use them but the peace of mind is reassuring.10) If possible ride with a mate. 11) Ride at a speed that allows you to enjoy the views.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The secrets to enjoyable long motorcycle trips are 1) Leave early 2) Change your butt position on the saddle often 3) Wear a pair of cycling shorts under your safety pants. They have proper chamois padding 4) Stop to stretch and hydrate yourself at least every 2 hours 5) Prepare for bad weather. 6) Safety first eg very high cross winds etc pull off and sleep over rather than pushing on. 7) Plan your route and stops.8) Carry puncture repair kits and know how to use them 8) Have a contact number for emergency tow in companies (eg here it's The AA) 9) Also I look up the phone numbers for Honda dealers in the major towns I will be passing through and load them in my cell phone - have never had to use them but the peace of mind is reassuring.10) If possible ride with a mate. 11) Ride at a speed that allows you to enjoy the views.
Pure genius... Advice doesn't get much better than this.

With that said, I'll feel like a dummy if I miss any of those points (probably will). :p

·
Registered
104 Posts
12) Girlfriend
13) ONE sleeping bag.
;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
14) Have a prepaid cell phone from another network, I usually get a $20 phone from Verizon. This way if you stop in the middle of nowhere you have two networks to try.
Good tip. It might even help to carry a power bank with that phone just incase you need more power, some of them hold enough charge to charge a smartphone battery through a few cycles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts