Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I have a midpipe. You can easily see it in my pics. And yes the can doesn't get hot at all. I can touch the Carbon and it's not even really warm. I can even touch the aluminum tip/end and it's warmish.

Here is a picture of the kit I got. You can see the midpipe/center pipe there in the middle. It is roughly 9 inches long and has 2 hooks welded on for the springs. You will need 1 of these with the correct inlet and outlet size
Mikal, does it come with a cat? would fail emissions tests over here if it didn't.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
... This whole thread seems like spending a pound to save a penny.

Remember the old saying when it comes to automobiles, The poor man pays twice.
It's become a trademark of MeeLee's threads... not only is his motto "I'll gladly spend a dollar to save a penny or two", but also "let me tell you in detail how I'm going to butcher my bike in the process of saving those pennies".

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Interesting, we still have neither but the authorities have been murmuring about it in recent years so it's probably only a matter of time..
The idea is to get all the wrecks - cars and bikes off the road.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Another exhaust from stock, is simply to get the engine to breathe better.
Reduction in weight is a bonus.

I'm riding the bike for a week, just under 800 miles logged, and already feel like I'm comfortable with the top speed, and power.

On the I95, I'm regularly hitting 90MPH, occasionally I peaked at 95MPH (GPS). @kiwi rider: 95MPH GPS, means it would be as fast as 107MPH indicated if the stock sprockets would still be in place, I beat your record? :p

With a headwind on average, I'm doing 80/90MPH (upright/tucked), and throttle wide open.
So I want to get a tad more power out of the bike, without having a heavier bike.
The exhaust, even if it can gain 1 HP, will be well worth it.

Anyone knows if the Danmoto GP exhaust system can be used as a slipon, or just as a full system?
And if used as a full system, does it need re-calibration from a power commander?

The reason why I wouldn't want to go with a Danmoto GP exhaust, is because the can is too small in diameter, and thus sounds less nice. I'm sure the chinese clones will sound better (deeper) due to their larger diameter.

If the Danmoto is carbon fiber, that might make a huge difference, though...

But since I'm tight on $$$ in these coming 6 months, I think a Danmoto GP exhaust will be all I can afford, after a few months...

I know people are saying 'why not get a bigger bike?'.
Weight.
I don't want anything heavier than this.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
On the I95, I'm regularly hitting 90MPH, occasionally I peaked at 95MPH (GPS). @kiwi rider: 95MPH GPS, means it would be as fast as 107MPH indicated if the stock sprockets would still be in place, I beat your record? :p
Yeah right, dream on pal :rolleyes:

I'm not even going to ask how you came to this theoretical conclusion because by the time you finish explaining rigor mortise will have set in. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Another exhaust from stock, is simply to get the engine to breathe better.
Reduction in weight is a bonus.

I'm riding the bike for a week, just under 800 miles logged, and already feel like I'm comfortable with the top speed, and power.

With a headwind on average, I'm doing 80/90MPH (upright/tucked), and throttle wide open.
So I want to get a tad more power out of the bike, without having a heavier bike.
The exhaust, even if it can gain 1 HP, will be well worth it.

Anyone knows if the Danmoto GP exhaust system can be used as a slipon, or just as a full system?
And if used as a full system, does it need re-calibration from a power commander?

The reason why I wouldn't want to go with a Danmoto GP exhaust, is because the can is too small in diameter, and thus sounds less nice. I'm sure the chinese clones will sound better (deeper) due to their larger diameter.

If the Danmoto is carbon fiber, that might make a huge difference, though...

But since I'm tight on $$$ in these coming 6 months, I think a Danmoto GP exhaust will be all I can afford, after a few months...

I know people are saying 'why not get a bigger bike?'.
Weight.
I don't want anything heavier than this.
MeeLee.. I say again..talk to mikal about the Danmoto exhaust. He has experience with it.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
I'm sorry you didn't understand them..
What with your vastly superior intellect MeeLee, I'm left wondering why you'd even bother trying to "explain" these mind bending concepts of yours to us mere mortals... at the end of the day, we're just a bunch of guys who enjoy riding motorcycles, and really could care less about splitting microns, atoms, hairs, or what have you in the quest to build "a better mouse trap". Speaking for myself, I just don't give a rat's ass about any of these ramblings of yours.

Isn't there a MENSA forum/group somewhere that would suit you?

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
What with your vastly superior intellect MeeLee, I'm left wondering why you'd even bother trying to "explain" these mind bending concepts of yours to us mere mortals... at the end of the day, we're just a bunch of guys who enjoy riding motorcycles, and really could care less about splitting microns, atoms, hairs, or what have you in the quest to build "a better mouse trap". Speaking for myself, I just don't give a rat's ass about any of these ramblings of yours.

Isn't there a MENSA forum/group somewhere that would suit you?
Might be better than being bashed by forum moderators every day, and other trolls. (talk about superior attitude)...

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Might be better than being bashed by forum moderators every day, and other trolls. (talk about superior attitude)...
Call it bashing or whatever makes you feel better, but the fact is that you invite critical replies & comments simply because the content of most of your posts is so bizarre and contrary, or in many cases it's very clear that what you're posting is intended to "stir the pot".

41 - 60 of 84 Posts