Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The problem with exhausts (mufflers) like above is that they are Universal fit. They do not fit the CBR 300 R directly..or any other bike for that matter. If you bought the above item...you would need a piece of exhaust pipe (stainless steel ) to connect (properly) the exhaust canister (muffler ) above you bought to the stock header pipe of the CBR 300 R.
You would be in the long run be farther ahead to purchase a BRAND NAME slip-on muffler kit designed for the CBR 300 R specifically that would contain proper fitting pieces to work with the bike.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic Mario. Aside from the fitting issues that CDN mentions I would also be concerned about build quality esp on carbon cans.
I can see that this is a copy of the LV GP Corsa I used to have on my CBR250R.
The weakness of this particular design is that there are only three rivets holding the end cap on where most other set ups have up to six. My end cap blew apart after only 3K miles of use so I don't hold much hope for a Chinese copy. Pic below:

muffler 001.JPG

Footnote: They never even acknowledged my e-mails let alone offer a refund.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So my best bet is either the Coffman shorty or Danmoto on the lower end. I like the gold tip Coffman would like nice on my matte black and yellow. I hope someone has a picture of one on their bike.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
If you're ok with it being obnoxiously loud?

Most of the better sounding, lower volume ones are in the $300-$5xx range.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
From the dimensions online of the cheapie exhaust , I measured my Danmoto gP exhaust can, and found that it had a wider diameter, and was about 1/2 inch longer than the $54 ebay exhaust.
This makes me believe that I won't get any better response or sound muffling from this exhaust.
The cheapie exhaust does have an optional silencer in the tip, which would run the exhaust more silent, but like people have mentioned, it ruins the can.

I wanted to buy the $55 slipon, but decided against it due to the reasons mentioned above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're ok with it being obnoxiously loud?

Most of the better sounding, lower volume ones are in the $300-$5xx range.
I was over at halls motorsports and they sell most of their bikes with aftermarket exhaust installed. I got quoted a yoshi r77 for $384 I wish I would've know because the money I spent on the extra warranty I could have bought 5new slip ons

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic Mario. Aside from the fitting issues that CDN mentions I would also be concerned about build quality esp on carbon cans.
I can see that this is a copy of the LV GP Corsa I used to have on my CBR250R.
The weakness of this particular design is that there are only three rivets holding the end cap on where most other set ups have up to six. My end cap blew apart after only 3K miles of use so I don't hold much hope for a Chinese copy. Pic below:

[iurl="http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17697&d=1458811111"]
[/iurl]

Footnote: They never even acknowledged my e-mails let alone offer a refund.
So this picture that you are showing is it a NAME BRAND or is it a off brand with a name brand sticker?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was over at halls motorsports and they sell most of their bikes with aftermarket exhaust installed. I got quoted a yoshi r77 for $384 I wish I would've know because the money I spent on the extra warranty I could have bought 5new slip ons
I got my CB300F from Hall's in Kenner, LA and didn't see any bikes with aftermarket silencers. Where are you, or your Hall's location located? Just out of curiosity. If I could run over and hear some of these exhausts on the bike I would be so happy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my CB300F from Hall's in Kenner, LA and didn't see any bikes with aftermarket silencers. Where are you, or your Hall's location located? Just out of curiosity. If I could run over and hear some of these exhausts on the bike I would be so happy.
Yo what up bro I actually live on Hammond LA I almost went to Kenner to get a bike from halls ? But in Alabama I was out there and they sell after market mufflers. I walked in and saw 2 Honda groms with yoshi's and a cbr 300 or 500 with a yoshi guy quoted me $384 for that exhaust without labor but still that's not bad considering the prices I was finding for that that particular slip on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is another question we were talking about cheap offbrand name brand exhaust and needing a mid pipe what if I were to go that route buying the muffler and then buying the name brands mid pipe would you say that it could work MeeLee or anybody?

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
THe cheapest solution to this has already been posted.
A Danmoto GP exhaust.
In all honesty, the carbon GP is the best sounding, cheapest exhaust possible.
There are no midpipes available for the stock Honda exhaust pipe, so you'll either have to manufacture them, complete with spring mounts, or get a Danmoto GP full exhaust ($170), and optionally add your own slip on to it.

Truth be told, this single cylinder isn't a very nice sounding engine.
You need a lot larger of a can, than a bike with more cylinders, and most exhausts that are sold in the sub $80 range are shorter and smaller in diameter than the Danmoto exhaust, which means harder sounding. They're mostly made for 250cc singles or 500cc twins.

The Danmoto exhaust does burn up at the bottom (mine is getting brown at the bottom where the silencer is mounted).

Other than danmoto, you'd have to get a Yoshi, or other more expensive exhaust, to make it sound better, but really,
it's a single cylinder.
It's always going to sound like a dirt bike; unless you have a quality slipon, or a large diameter one (about the size of the stock exhaust).

The ONLY cheap slipon I might want to try, is one that's a bit of a trapezoid, not cylindrical (but more of a pentagon), because the distance from the center of the exhaust to the bottom of the muffler can, is longer than the sides or top, resulting in less exhaust resonance, and more sound damping. (aka slightly nicer sounding).
When the exhaust stream is exactly in the center of the can, and the walls of the can are cylindrical, they reflect the exhaust thud sound at a certain frequency too well.
The can below reflects different frequencies, resulting in a slightly nicer, less harsh, lower volume exhaust sound.
like this one (given to show you the shape, this exhaust can is from another bike):

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It's a single cylinder. I've listened to so many exhausts for this bike. A lot were on the 250r but I doubt any laymen would notice the difference. They all basically sound the same except some are quieter and some louder. You obviously get better materials and quality with the higher end pipes. If you want a really nice system that the 300 loves get a Scorpion. My friend has a Ninjette with a Yoshi and I think it sounds like crap.
A Coffman will sound just like an open pipe

·
Registered
16 Posts
You make a great point MeeLee the Akrapovic is one that I want to really it looks really nice in my opinion I just wanted to stay away from chrome and also that look that the 2012 CBR exhaust had. My other options is to buy the exhaust that I found that looks like it and see what happens and if all fails just sell because someone well want a nice looking muffler for their dirtbike / 4wheeler ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a single cylinder. I've listened to so many exhausts for this bike. A lot were on the 250r but I doubt any laymen would notice the difference. They all basically sound the same except some are quieter and some louder. You obviously get better materials and quality with the higher end pipes. If you want a really nice system that the 300 loves get a Scorpion. My friend has a Ninjette with a Yoshi and I think it sounds like crap.
A Coffman will sound just like an open pipe
I've never heard of scorpion?? I've heard the brock exhaust and those sound really good on the grom even though its a 125cc I'm wondering if they even made a slip on for the 300?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Be aware..Some of those inexpensive Asian made exhausts do not have a "mid pipe" that connects the "muffler" to the 300 R/F head pipe. So that may be some thing that needs to be fabricated.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I've never heard of scorpion?? I've heard the brock exhaust and those sound really good on the grom even though its a 125cc I'm wondering if they even made a slip on for the 300?
Do a search for Scorpion exhaust. They have a full kit, slip on, and even a cat. conv. insert. It's a short tube that you insert somewhere around the midpipe. The Scorpion is tuned perfectly for the 300. It's not that loud but gives performance without causing any issues.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts