Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..
At the moment I do not have a motorcycle,,but I hope to. As you can well guess I am looking at and thinking about the CBR 300 R as well as the Yanmaha R 3 or may be the CBR 500 R.

I have been riding since I was 21...got my 1st bike when I did not know how to ride at all (1977 Honda 750 K) and with friends instructions..I learned to ride. I have a many bikes in my past..some I kick my butt for for selling of trading like my 82 Yamaha RD 350 LC OR my 84 Yamaha RZ 350 (YPVS):crying:.

I had 2 Suzuki GSXR's a 1986 (new) and a 1991 GSXR that was raced in the Canadian Super Bike Championship that summer. The '91 was the fasted and the most powerful bike I have ever had..period.

Got married...bought house in 1990 and with the addition of 2 children I sold my '91 GSXR and was bike less for a number of years. These last few years I wanted a small sport bike but my wife always said "no" so last December we went our separate ways and I am now free to pursue a lost love of mine...riding a motorcycle.
Greetings to you all.... Laurence (Laurie) Potter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey, Welcome back then Laurie...Sorry to hear about your separation back in Dec. Hopefully things are ok there.
The 300 is a great bike, but you will hear that all over this forum obviously. I have not had the pleasure of mounting the R3 or the Ninja 300, so I cant comment on those. Id like to tho :)
Keep us posted my friend.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome aboard, partner.

It just popped into my head, but I'm thankful my wife's okay with me having the bike around. Well, she doesn't officially approve of it, but it's my so called 'medicine', and I truly do need it... Therefore I'm stubborn in regards to keeping it around.

I wish you the very best in ending up with the right bike for yourself. No wrong in that, you deserve it.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much...2 years ago I could have purchased a CBR 250R for $80/month ($40 per pay).. I am retired from 30+ years of shift work (3 rotating 8 hour ) and my wife said "no" to my request. She made (makes) alot more $$ than I do and got her "dream job" with my help but no help from her towards a bike for me. So because of that and other things (unfaithful) we split. Last year was a year from **** for me but with my families help I got through it. So now soon I hope to be on 2 wheels again..

This weekend I plan of trying out a CBR 300 R but I must be honest the Yamaha reminds me allot of the RD 350 LC I had..so my heart leans towards the Yammie but to me the Tr- Color 300 R is a sweet looking ride.

Laurie

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thank you very much...2 years ago I could have purchased a CBR 250R for $80/month ($40 per pay).. I am retired from 30+ years of shift work (3 rotating 8 hour ) and my wife said "no" to my request. She made (makes) alot more $$ than I do and got her "dream job" with my help but no help from her towards a bike for me. So because of that and other things (unfaithful) we split. Last year was a year from **** for me but with my families help I got through it. So now soon I hope to be on 2 wheels again..

This weekend I plan of trying out a CBR 300 R but I must be honest the Yamaha reminds me allot of the RD 350 LC I had..so my heart leans towards the Yammie but to me the Tr- Color 300 R is a sweet looking ride.

Laurie
Either way, you'll come out a winner. Please keep us updated on your decision. :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again..thank you...great forum..

Reactions: Fanatic
1 - 6 of 6 Posts