Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an auxiliary power supply on a cbr300r or cb300f? I'm thinking the cigarette lighter style plug for hooking up accessories such as gps systems or heated gloves/gear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would like to see this topic revisited. I was about to post the same question. Does anyone have any feedback on this???

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fuse box under the seat is easily removed by depressing the tab and pulling up. Should be three larger gauge wires in the bundle going to it; a red/white and two black/red wires. The red/white is constant 12v and the black/red two are switched with the key. Be sure to fuse whatever you add on.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Take off the main seat if you are looking straight down and the battery is to the left and fuse box to the right and down, look straight up from the fuse box and to the right a bit and there is a black wrapped pack of wires. At the end is a red rubber cap. It is kinda tucked down and in and is snapped in. Take that cap off and that is the OEM auxiliary cable. You can order from Honda an USB, cig. Lighter cord or whatever that plugs right into that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take off the main seat if you are looking straight down and the battery is to the left and fuse box to the right and down, look straight up from the fuse box and to the right a bit and there is a black wrapped pack of wires. At the end is a red rubber cap. It is kinda tucked down and in and is snapped in. Take that cap off and that is the OEM auxiliary cable. You can order from Honda an USB, cig. Lighter cord or whatever that plugs right into that.
Thank you, that's brilliant. I had no idea that was in there. I havn't been able to find anything available online anywhere, but i'll give my honda dealer a call and see what they say

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's actually the diagnostic for the ECU (Similar to OBD). While it does have switched power and a ground, I dont think you can draw very much amperage because it runs on the same circuit as the ignition & fuel and is fused at 10 amps.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's actually the diagnostic for the ECU (Similar to OBD). While it does have switched power and a ground, I dont think you can draw very much amperage because it runs on the same circuit as the ignition & fuel and is fused at 10 amps.
so you're saying this won't work for connecting a 12v power supply to run, say, a gps unit? maybe i'll contact honda directly and see what kind of advice they have for connecting a power supply.

·
Registered
71 Posts
so you're saying this won't work for connecting a 12v power supply to run, say, a gps unit? maybe i'll contact honda directly and see what kind of advice they have for connecting a power supply.
I wouldn't risk it personally. You blow that fuse, the motor immediately stalls and you are stuck trying to change out the fuse where ever you happen to get stranded hoping you have a spare fuse and a 5 mm hex wrench to get to the box.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I wouldn't risk it personally. You blow that fuse, the motor immediately stalls and you are stuck trying to change out the fuse where ever you happen to get stranded hoping you have a spare fuse and a 5 mm hex wrench to get to the box.
from the instructions if that PDF, it looks like the kit from honda includes an additional fuse, so if it was to blow, it shouldn't interfere with the operation of the rest of the bike. as far as whether or not its the same plug that Mikal referenced earlier, it's a little hard to tell in the pdf as the images are a little vague. it also looks like they want you to mount the outlet underneath the seat, which doesn't make very much sense to me, as it would make it very difficult to access easily, defeating the purpose of the thing alltogether

EDIT: then again, I just noticed that those PDF instructions are for a 2012 honda NC700X, so whatever's going on under the cbr300r's seat is likely different

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks guys. I will open'er up and see what I can find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts