Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weeks mpg is getting crazy, 94mpg lol £8.19 to fill up, if i just trundled all the time for the week I bet I would get 100mpg +, keeping track of it on fuelly.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
This weeks mpg is getting crazy, 94mpg lol £8.19 to fill up, if i just trundled all the time for the week I bet I would get 100mpg +, keeping track of it on fuelly.

Mark
For those of us in the U.S., he's talking about Imperial Gallons, not U.S. Gallons... big difference when talking MPG's.

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
For those of us in the U.S., he's talking about Imperial Gallons, not U.S. Gallons... big difference when talking MPG's.
Haha, for a sec I was like what in the world is he filling up in getting that 100 mpg... :laugh:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I managed it Mark 104 mpg!!!!!!! Boy you yanks sure got shafted in the measurement of the amber liquid. 1 US Gallon = 0.832 Imperial Gallons. Same as the Pound to Dollar ratio 1 GBP = 1.54 USD you got short changed there too.:devil:

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I managed it Mark 104 mpg!!!!!!! Boy you yanks sure got shafted in the measurement of the amber liquid. Same as the pound Dollar really you got short changed there too.:devil:
Not so sure about that. We're still paying less than $3 USD for a gallon of the regular unleaded 'dead dinosaur juice'... to be exact, it's been right at $2.89 per gallon for the past several weeks where I live.

Last I heard your UK petrol is still significantly more expensive than what US gasoline costs at the pump (after doing the dollar to pound exchange rate).

Reactions: autopilot

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not so sure about that. We're still paying less than $3 USD for a gallon of the regular unleaded 'dead dinosaur juice'... to be exact, it's been right at $2.89 per gallon for the past several weeks where I live.

Last I heard your UK petrol is still significantly more expensive than what US gasoline costs at the pump (after doing the dollar to pound exchange rate).

Yeap that is about right we have been right royally taken up the poop shoot on that one.
Taxed to high heaven despite a lull in the world price of oil.
Still we have to fund the migrants social security pay from some where as this country has fuckall left in the way of industry we sold all our family jewels to the foreigners years ago. For example Jaguar/ Land Rover and British steel to TATA now look at them.
Who's sorry now?:crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeap that is about right we have been right royally taken up the poop shoot on that one.
Taxed to high heaven despite a lull in the world price of oil.
Still we have to fund the migrants social security pay from some where as this country has fuckall left in the way of industry we sold all our family jewels to the foreigners years ago. For example Jaguar/ Land Rover and British steel to TATA now look at them.
Who's sorry now?:crying::crying::crying:
Yep, all part of the big plan to remove our national identity get cheap labour and set one against the other while the rich make billions and screw us over, bring on the republic, remove the monarchy and their titles get out of the E.U, and bring back Cromwell. :D

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I managed it Mark 104 mpg!!!!!!! Boy you yanks sure got shafted in the measurement of the amber liquid. 1 US Gallon = 0.832 Imperial Gallons. Same as the Pound to Dollar ratio 1 GBP = 1.54 USD you got short changed there too.:devil:
That's pretty impressive. My best figure is 102 IMP / 85 US / 36 km/l

You must have been peddling along with your feet as well like the Flintstones! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Here in Canada gas is in Litres...but I was brought up on Imperial Gallons..so I always convert. As of today..gas is under a $1.00/Litre Canadian (98 cents reg)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been tracking my MPG...I get far higher MPG in the city than highway. On the highway I'm constantly in high revs, which eats up the gasoline

I get 71 in the city with spirited driving. I get about 59 on the highway doing 70ish mpg

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I've been tracking my MPG...I get far higher MPG in the city than highway. On the highway I'm constantly in high revs, which eats up the gasoline

I get 71 in the city with spirited driving. I get about 59 on the highway doing 70ish mpg
What gearing are you running corb? If your doing a lot of highway running the 15T front sprocket swap helps the MPG's.
And if your a hypermiler like me you fit the 34T rear as well. :laugh:

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's pretty impressive. My best figure is 102 IMP / 85 US / 36 km/l

You must have been peddling along with your feet as well like the Flintstones! :laugh:
Fraid so new boot required. Now which one would you do Willma or Betty?:devil:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep, all part of the big plan to remove our national identity get cheap labour and set one against the other while the rich make billions and screw us over, bring on the republic, remove the monarchy and their titles get out of the E.U, and bring back Cromwell. :D
Up the rebels! Come the revolution my friend come the revolution.
BTW I have come up with a solution to the migrant crisis across Europe.
Wanna here it?:D

PPS make sex with sheep legal out side of Wales Ha Ha ha!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't say in was doing a Flintstones, passed plenty of cars, so not slow, town and "A" roads suit this bike very well. I've only done 1 motorway run so can't comment to much on its mpg there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts