Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bazzaz ZFI 2015 Honda CB300F

Bazzaz came last week and picked up my 300F. I had been in touch with Bazzaz and Dynojet about coming up with a FI tuner for the 300. Dynojet had no intention of doing any R&D on the 300.They have a "PCFC" but it is not legal in California. I had already put a full system Yoshimura exhaust and a KN high flow filter. Bazzaz contacted me about 3 weeks ago inquiring if I was willing to donate my 300 so they could design a ZFI for the 300. These guys absolutely know their ****. They dropped the bike off Tuesday. Some increase in HP but more than that is the acceleration. No more popping or backfiring. This thing runs like a top. So I got a custom designed ZFI Tuner, Custom Map via the Bazzaz Dynamometer. My cost...not one red cent. They will be building additional 300's based on the design on my bike. My mother always said if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Well this time, my Mother, God rest her soul was wrong. These guys were professional, fast, knowledgable. If you want to put a full exhaust on your bike with a high flow air filter, take it to Bazzaz to have it dialed in like a track bike. Call and ask for Del...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Great thread pvb. What a score, worth giving up your bike for a few days huh.
Looks like you've gained at least half a horsepower there and when you've only got 23 at the rear wheel that's not to be sneezed at.
Best of all would be to know your getting optimum efficiency and performance out of your motor. Nice one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did the same deal with EJK. Donated my bike for 2 days and got a free fuel controller.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dude, your ride's going to be Bazaaz-ed!

:laugh:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Noticeable power increase?
I do 99% of my riding on Bangkok streets so I can't comment on top speed but I have more grunt down low which is plenty useful for me. I ride stock 300s all the time because they want to try mine and we switch bikes. Difference is very noticeable. The mechanic at my Honda dealer loves it and is setting up another bike the same way.

The bike has some other bolt on parts and I found a fuel controller helps to get them all working together as well as keep the motor happy. Plus, it's adjustable! I can literally change settings while riding it. I change settings when I take out the dB killer and adjust it again when I put it back in. Fun!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey pvb just wondering since you're fully tuned and have the full intake and exhaust, how's your bikes acelleration past 80 mph? I feel like once I hit 80-85 mph I hit an invisible wind barrier on my 300f, since our aerodynamics suck I wonder if the increase in hp helps getting passed that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i haven't taken it above 85... The acceleration since Bazzaz did their magic is incredible. If your not careful you'll end up standing behind your bike. Every time I ride, I'm just blown away. This had a custom dyno tune with their ZFI. So their's no hesitation, no backfire popping. Runs perfect, they used my bike as their model. Not a hp increase but a power band that keeps on keeping on, very torquey....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and your point is? I know you didn't really have a point, that's why
'you call bs". Is that the best you can do. Are you saying that you don't believe the bike will stand straight up with you standing behind it. What the **** are you saying anyway. Please think it through the next time you try to sound so profound...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Unless you have ape arms you ain't gonna be able to stand behind the bike and reach the bars. Having ridden many bike many times more powerful, the 300 needs to be rung to red and dumping the clutch can it lift the front off. Now if you were standing on the back pegs or wheelie bar then that makes it much easier. So the 300 ain't gonna stand up if you are in the normal riding position even revving half way and dumping the clutch, the front might pop up a few inches at best. My point is that no matter how much you tune the bike it ain't gonna be a wheelie monster, just not gonna happen. Just cause it might pop up a few inches, don't call that standing straight up.....so basically video or it didn't happen. You sound like you are over selling.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2% increase in torque. Are you on 93 octane? I'd imagine it does run smoother after they tuned it though.

But the noticeable increase in power... Placebo?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
...... The acceleration since Bazzaz did their magic is incredible. If your not careful you'll end up standing behind your bike. Every time I ride, I'm just blown away. ........
You're over-selling it, mate. That's why people might feel sceptical. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts