Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no longer after the fastest bike i can get, I have had my share of them, and the big heavy bikes too.

I have had a lot of bikes over the years.

I am looking to thin the heard some, as two bikes are going up for sell for next riding season.

I have been looking at the CB300F, and CB500F and am considering one of them.

But wonder if it will be a bike, that I will not be happy with, and become board with, soon after the purchase.

I like the idea of a smaller, narrow bike, that is lighter and nimble, but I am still looking for something that is still fun to ride.

But, i am 6' tall, 32" inseam, and 190-lbs and wonder if it is just to small a bike, for me.

Wondering if this is a smaller and lighter persons bike?

In watching some reviews,

I am concerned as they criticize the brakes, as spongy and just adequate, in their words. anyone have to same concerns with the brakes.

I would be riding this bike by myself, single rider, 99% of the time.

My main riding for this bike is rural riding, lots of twisty two lane roads most speeds are in the 30-65 mph range,

·
Registered
447 Posts
I like to think the CB300F is made for me. I'm just under 5'7" though. This is a bike that works for shorter people. You are tall for this bike. I can't say too tall though. I love this bike and I have owned a Gixxer 1000, Triumph Street Triple r, FZ-07, Zero S, Ninja 300, Ninja 650r, among many others. It may be my favorite bike because of my shorter height, the light weight of the bike, and the fact it is plenty fast enough for all street and highway riding. I feel in complete command of this bike...like it is an extension of me. I never felt that way with the faster bikes. I was always a bit afraid of their power, weight, and seat height. If I were 6' tall I would be looking at the supermotos or maybe an FZ07. It looks very similar to the CB300F, comes in red, has a 31.9 inch seat, and tons of torque and is 398 lbs. wet.Truthfully, I probably wouldn't get the CB300F, or any of the 300s at 6'. That might just be me though. Lots of taller people ride these bikes. It's just that the CB300f has the shortest seat of any naked or faired sport bike. There sure are a lot of bikes with tall seats though. I wear jeans with a 31" inseam and they don't gather at the ankles, yet I am 5 inches shorter than you. I bet you are more like a 33-34" inseam or wear high water pants. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey thanks for the reply AJ Nin,

No I m not wearing high water pants like steve urcle, or Peewee herman. you cant see any of my socks.

Well you could have longer legs and a shorter torso, that makes up your overall height.

My brother in law has really short legs, but a average sized torso.

I dont mind a short seat height, But what I do mind is the foot rest position to seat height relationship.
if that length is cramped then it becomes uncomfortable.

Or if the or if the foot rests are back to far, then it becomes uncomfortable.

I may call the local dealer, see if the they have a CB300F and a CB500F, and maybe the CB500X, then take a trip to the dealer, they are about an hour away, and sit on both, and test ride them both, or all three if they have them.

I may also look at the CB650F

I have looked at both the yami FZ07 and the older FZ09, yami dealer is more than two hours one way from me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm 6' and 200 pounds. My wife rides the CB300F and she's 5'4". She thinks the bike is too tall even with a lowered seat. When I ride it, it feels really small but I ride a KLR650 and have had Goldwings. You might like it but I think it's too small when you get to the 6' mark. For a new rider it would be a good starter bike but I think when you're 6' tall you'll outgrow the bike quickly and it will end up on Craigslist.PS: I'm sure others will disagree.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the reply
I think I will look at the CB500X I see there are a lot of people on the CB500 forum that are my size that ride the CB500 and say they are comfortable

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply
I think I will look at the CB500X I see there are a lot of people on the CB500 forum that are my size that ride the CB500 and say they are comfortable
At one point I was also interested in the CB's and from the knowledge I gathered while absorbing what ever information I could, it is perfect for you.... and still till this day it's a bike i'm considering to get.

·
Registered
352 Posts
@ Westgl - My suggestion, see if you can find a dealership that will allow a test ride and see how it feels under you. My guess is you should know pretty quick, given your history of bikes owned. For me, it a perfect bike. I am also only 5'-8". But regardless of rider size, the bike itself is a great machine & perfectly capable of carving those twisty roads at the speeds you will experience. It will go 60+ no problem. I love the dang thing!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
@ Westgl - My suggestion, see if you can find a dealership that will allow a test ride and see how it feels under you. My guess is you should know pretty quick, given your history of bikes owned. For me, it a perfect bike. I am also only 5'-8". But regardless of rider size, the bike itself is a great machine & perfectly capable of carving those twisty roads at the speeds you will experience. It will go 60+ no problem. I love the dang thing!
+1. After a few visits of kicking tires and finally completing my safety course, my sales guy managed to help me acquire a 30 minute test ride on the Ceebee. I was pretty much sold afterwards.

Hope one can manage to get that test ride... That really lets the rider know a lot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm barely 5'8 and the cb300f is perfect for me. CB500x might be better for your height. I sat on it and thought it was uncomfortable for my size. Fun ride overall.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah that's the best thing to do, nothing like having that experience. Even looking out for local shows might make for a great opportunity to get onto one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts