Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a Thailand about to get a 300r im black. What are the best mods after I buy the bike?

This is my first bike and want to get a bit more performance out of it..

What is a good exhaust system that is not too loud and boosts performance?

or any overall advice on modifications would be much appreciated.

-Derek

·
Registered
59 Posts
http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/cbr300-general-discussion-forum/2458-put-your-300-diet.html

Check this thread on shaving weight off your bike. Included in the recipe is a carbon fiber exhaust. From what I can tell, As long as your exhaust is name brand, the power increase will pretty much be the same. There are a lot of videos on youtube where people compare exhaust notes. Search for cbr250r for more results.

I have even heard some off brand clone exhaust were suprisingly good quality for a fraction of he cost. Sadly I live in America where they are harder to buy.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Hello,

I am a Thailand about to get a 300r im black. What are the best mods after I buy the bike?

This is my first bike and want to get a bit more performance out of it..

What is a good exhaust system that is not too loud and boosts performance?

or any overall advice on modifications would be much appreciated.

-Derek
Welcome to the site...

As a brand new, first time motorcycle rider, I'd highly recommend that you first focus on becoming a proficient rider, rather than throwing a bunch of 'mods' at the bike. The fact of the matter is that these bikes, in they're bone stock form straight from the factory, are capable of far more performance than what you possess right now in terms of riding skills.

Instead of worrying about "which mods", spend that same money on getting yourself equipped with some good quality riding gear... helmet, jacket, gloves and proper boots at the minimum (sorry, but sandals or even sneakers, despite being the custom in Asian countries, are not proper footwear for motorcycling).

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yup... I'd focus on the "rider mod". Maybe sign up for some additional rider courses, buy some useful books which focus on the fundamentals, and of course some solid safety gear. This advice may not be the most fun, but it places more importance and attention on YOU as the difference maker.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i agree with Motomike get some good riding gear. And i would get rid of those stock tyres too. With the roads being super smooth here as soon as you with a wet patch of water on the roads here you ass end is out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Besides all the obviously good answers from everyone else. The answers you are looking for are kind of a toss up at the moment. The bike is still relatively new and not much is out for it yet. Give it time for stuff to come out and concentrate on your riding skills and getting the gear you need if you havent already done so.

·
Registered
352 Posts
All good advice and I would just be regurgitating the same thing if I said anything more. Only thing I can say is take the advice of the above comments & ride the CBR as is for now and just have some fun being a member of the 2 wheeled brotherhood!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've done some relatively cheap mods to my 300F.

Fuel controller - 6000 baht
Full exhaust - 8000 baht
Hi-flo air filter - 1200 baht
Remove air box snorkel - free

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also if you want a little sound you could take off the air box lid like a lot of the 250r guys. It gives it a nice induction sound that is pretty loud in comparison to stock. But it doesn't really benefit you other than that.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Besides all the obviously good answers from everyone else. The answers you are looking for are kind of a toss up at the moment. The bike is still relatively new and not much is out for it yet. Give it time for stuff to come out and concentrate on your riding skills and getting the gear you nI eed if you havent already done so.
I agree safety should be his 'mod' for now, but as far as not enough mods/accessories out for this bike yet?
About 90% of the 250r parts will fit the 300 and the 300 has been out for 3 years now. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of mods/accessories/farkle for this bike. My 300r looks (and runs) nothing like a stock 300r does at all. Just gotta search and scourer the web my friend. The parts are out there
@kiwi rider I have looked for this performance ECU (of course) and have only found the alternate Thailand one. Only because Honda lists 2 different part #'s for the ECU on the 300r. But they say there is a HRC ECU version out there 'somewhere'. I have found one for the 600rr but not the 300 yet. Here is a link saying there is one..but no link to purchase it.
http://www.cbr300.com/cbr300/ecu/cbr300-ecu.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts