Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 CB300R

I am trying to get just a little more speed out of my bike, My tac runs at about 7 at 65 mph.
I wanna lower the Tac so there for I don't feel like Im beating the bike up at 65mph and hope to get a little more speed.
I hear something about the plugs? Very new to all this ..
Any help and explain ?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
I have a 2020 CB300R

I am trying to get just a little more speed out of my bike, My tac runs at about 7 at 65 mph.
I wanna lower the Tac so there for I don't feel like Im beating the bike up at 65mph and hope to get a little more speed.
I hear something about the plugs? Very new to all this ..
Any help and explain ?
Thanks in advance
Nothing to do with the plugs, you change your gearing ratio by swapping the sprockets (s) out for different size ones. Most common, easiest and cheapest option is to swap the front sprocket from 14 teeth to 15.
Some info here: 2020 CB300R Drive Sprocket

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Sprockets, I was told that also, I was told for best result in tuning down the back end giving it the ability to lower the RPM in higher gears. So I should go with the 15 teeth sprocket?And do it in the front Sprocket?

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
Yes Sprockets, I was told that also, I was told for best result in tuning down the back end giving it the ability to lower the RPM in higher gears. So I should go with the 15 teeth sprocket?And do it in the front Sprocket?
Yep. If your not comfortable doing the job yourself then get a shop to do it. Changing the gearing by only one tooth will not be a problem with your stock chain length but the axle will sit slightly further forward in the slot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2020 CB300R

Your bike is made to run high rpm. It is built for it. I have a 2019 with 30k miles. It is singing at 7 or 8k. That’s where the power is up in the r’s. Don’t be afraid to wind it up.
I usually run the highway 70 mph to 75. Seems like a good speed for a naked bike. Not overly windy and keeps up with traffic. I’m in Arizona btw.
if you haven’t already, turn the fkng blinking light off. I have mine set to blink at redline, 10.5k. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Change the front sprocket to 15T. My rev counter shows 60 K revs at 60 mph, 80K at 80 mph etc. Makes the first gear much more useable and I don't notice any needing more clutch use to start. Mines at 11K miles.

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
Change the front sprocket to 15T. My rev counter shows 60 K revs at 60 mph, 80K at 80 mph etc. Makes the first gear much more useable and I don't notice any needing more clutch use to start. Mines at 11K miles.
60K RPM Gromit! Have you transplanted a turbine engine in there on the quiet 😄

But yes I agree with you, the 15T front sprocket conversion is an easy and effective way of lowering your cruising RPM's and other benefits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts