Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're HVMP and we make heavy bar end weights for bikes (to reduce handlebar vibration). First responder here interested in beta testing will get a set of heavy stainless steel bar end weights to test (fit and function) and keep. Please be in the USA only, as shipping can get complicated especially during the development of the product where we may have to ship multiple times.

Please only respond if you've got some vibration issues that you think might be helped by heavy bar end weights.

We're just a mom and pop operation here in the Hudson Valley of NY, so we're just looking for a little assistance and not trying to spam anybody.

Mods, if this is inappropriate let me know and I will delete the post.

Thanks in advance,
HVMP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries. Every bike is different and everybody's tolerance for vibration is different. Also, sometimes people don't realize how much vibration they feel until the bike gets even smoother.

Another advantage to the heavier bar ends is that they are longer than stock and can act as sliders, and may protect your levers if the bike is dropped. People also sometimes like the extra space for their hands especially if they're on a long trip.

But you are correct, if you are not bothered by vibes, then you don't need heavier bar ends.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would try them, although I changed my grips to a foam style and it helped quite a lot. always interested in making the machine smoother to ride.
address is po box 1598 ,lakeport, cal. 95453

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got it. Send me your email address via PM so I send you tracking info.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
I have some vibration issues but not thru the bars. Even changed to lighter aluminium bars (vortex) with no noticeable increase. I think the CBR300 is pretty good in this dept.
Good idea for a product tho, hope its a winner for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some vibration issues but not thru the bars. Even changed to lighter aluminium bars (vortex) with no noticeable increase. I think the CBR300 is pretty good in this dept.
Good idea for a product tho, hope its a winner for you.
We've been in business for about 10 years. This is just for fun really, and helps us get a little gas money for our bikes. We try to fit as many bikes as possible, so we like to work with forum members since there is no way we could ever buy every single factory bar end to uses as templates.

The products work, and some bikes need them more than others.

Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
my name is : ron Benkelman I pick up mail daily at the po box you already have. looking forward to trying your product! I hope it negates the amount of vibration present in this machine. thank you for letting me try your product!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

Please only respond if you've got some vibration issues that you think might be helped by heavy bar end weights.
I do experience some vibration, but only really noticeable after long continual rides.
@ Sleepless, let me know how they work out for you.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well, I've always been a believer that there's always a demand for every product. It's just matter of how much demand, especially with this particular bike. Good luck, and it looks like you may have takers already. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
received the product yesterday, installed easily and looks great! these bar end weights are beautifully made and massive! they are clearly longer and will protect the levers in case of a tip over. these are heavy! almost twice what the factories weighs. while my cb300f had a bit of a buzz with the stock bar ends, these cancel all but a tingling at around 6k rpm, or 55 to 60 mph. this is a great product and would be a great value on a high rpm machine that is ridden on the freeway. these new cb300 are well balanced and these just about cancel all vibs!
just want to say thank you for allowing me to test these and look forward to many more comfortable rides!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We really appreciate your help. Information from testers like you is invaluable to us.

We wish you many happy miles.

HVMP:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts