Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping for more of a lime green when I ordered the vinyl, but it has grown on me a bit since completion. Took 2 nights with some scissors and a razor blade to get it all. Laid the green over the yellow and cut the outline. A few blemishes here and there, but not bad overall. Huge recommendation: do not get sign making vinyl as it sticks on contact, bubbles like crazy even when you're careful, and it doesn't like to stretch. Most auto vinyls have a ridged backing that allows you to push out the air bubbles. This stuff is super reflective though and will hopefully improve visibility of me on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Now that looks pretty neat...great patients and great job installing..

·
Registered
96 Posts
I quite like that !!

careful to stay away from the Kawi green

ride safe

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Works for me. I like that better than the SE scheme. Maybe you should hire yourself out to Honda?

:)

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
141 Posts
Excellent work! The yellow is my least favorite part of my bike, and I had actually been thinking of doing this same thing with white reflective vinyl. How did you get the green cut right? You said you laid it over the yellow, but it's not like the vinyl is transparent. Did you remove the yellow stickers from the bike first? Very intrigued.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

I left the yellow decals on so that with the second vinyl over the top you can see an outline where it transitions from being on top of the yellow to the plastic. Then it was just a matter of a steady hand with a razor blade and peeling off the excess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts