Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - i was prowling craigslist, and came across an exact copy of my bike: 2015 CBR300R in the white/red/blue color scheme. Seller said that the motor had seized up while he was commuting, and it was listed for $800.

I was like....haha...i know how to fix the motor, so i bought it earlier today. As i was starting to tear it down, for some reason, i decided to check for the frame punch that would indicate that the recall had been done (see attached pictures if you dont know what im talking about), but i couldnt find it! So i went onto the honda powersports recall page and entered the VIN....

THE RECALL SERVICE HASNT YET BEEN PERFORMED ON THIS BIKE!!!

I feel like i won the lotto. Cheap bike that will likely have most of the repairs done for free by the dealership.

Long story short - if you acquire a used CBR300 from model year 2015 or 2016, make sure to check the recall status!!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
They don't always punch the frame as long as it's recorded done in the Honda database. Dealers should check before doing a service, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a great buy. Are you going to use it as a donor bike or sell one of the bikes?
Actually hoping my wife will get her motorcycle endorsement, so then we can go on matchy-matchy motorcycle dates 😁

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have you had the bike in to the dealer yet? Are they fixing it for free?
Any Honda Safety Recall that includes the motorcycle you own, new or pre-owned, should be repaired at any authorized Honda Motorsport dealer, free of charge. The recall will cover all parts and labor. It's Honda's recall, they want it repaired for safety reasons.. It's their dime.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not in Bangkok.

They don't always punch the frame as long as it's recorded done in the Honda database. Dealers should check before doing a service, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Had my recall done a couple of years back here at Honda in Bangkok. They just put a white sticker on the frame. They made a record and I got a "free first service" a few weeks later after running her in again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you had the bike in to the dealer yet? Are they fixing it for free?
Sorry for the long delay in responding - yeah, the dealership fixed everything for free....new crank case halves, new piston, new crank shalf, new clutch, new cylinder....just about the only things they didnt replace was the left and right covers and the transmission.

My wife actually just got her license updated with a motorcycle endorsement last week. Life is good!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Sorry for the long delay in responding - yeah, the dealership fixed everything for free....new crank case halves, new piston, new crank shalf, new clutch, new cylinder....just about the only things they didnt replace was the left and right covers and the transmission.

My wife actually just got her license updated with a motorcycle endorsement last week. Life is good!
God..that is so awsome... congrats. Whn my CBR recall was done..there was no Pinch done on my frame either. But when I traded it in..all info went with the bike. You know...at times I sure miss the little thing...:crying:

·
Registered
4 Posts
ohhh
have had my bike for 2 years. It won the endurance races in CMRA just before I bought it. I found out that the magnetic switch recall was done. The Rod Bearing recall, not done. Thanks!
Been running great until I had to lowside the other day when I ran out of run off at Roebling Road Racetrack, and purposefully dove off after a right side lowside. That caused the front to be a bit crooked so I'm looking up how to align the rear axle and the front forks myself....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts