Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, all. Just came back from the dealer! Closed the deal on a 2015 CBR300R (red, white and blue color). This is my first "sport" bike. I pick it up tomorrow. Really looking forward to improving my riding skills here in the hills.

Here is what I've ridden up til now:

• Vespa
  • 1994 Harley Sportster (883 - first real bike)
  • 1987 BMW K75T (triple!)
  • 2000 BMW R1100R (roadster)
  • 1995 BMW R100RT (touring)
  • 2009 BMW G650GS (single cyl dual sport - still have it)

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Welcome to the forum, an interesting mix of previous bikes there, your obviously a fan of BMW's. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the CBR once you've had a good ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted something small and fun. There's something satisfying about using all of a bike's ability. Also, I'm old and slow, so this seems like a good choice. If I like this style of bike/riding, it would be easy to move used, and move up in power. I appreciate the little bike for what it is for now.

Reactions: Jkilla71

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Just wanted something small and fun. There's something satisfying about using all of a bike's ability. I appreciate the little bike for what it is for now.
Agreed! Couldn't have worded it better if I tried. Ive been asked this question by friends who have only known me to ride big bikes and just don't get it.
I had an old Beemer R65 years ago (toured Europe on it) not the most powerful bike but I loved that boxer twin motor, great vibe.
Exciting day for you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tri -color is the best !!!Because that's what I have ..Almost 600 fun filled miles.
I to wanted something fun.Believe I have it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Good choice. This bike's a killer on bang for the buck.

Enjoy it, and let us know your thoughts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took bike on a quick 50 mile trip up Highway 71 here, which is a well known motorcycle road. Loved it! Handles intuitively and lots of fun. I am keeping the revs below 9k for now, and doing engine breaking, etc., for a smooth break-in period, but it's amazing to me that a single-cylinder can hum like this. At idle, you'd never guess. Bike just seems overall very well sorted. Haven't had to play with suspension yet (the preload is the only adjustment here it seems). However, it seems OK at the #2 stock setting for my weight (170 lbs). Looking forward to my Sunday 200 mile loop now. NW Arkansas has some of the best riding in the country, IMO. Can't wait to bring it by the BMW dealer and grin. "Way cheaper than the S1000RR!" I also want to run the ethanol out of it. I refuse to run that crap in any of my bikes. :nerd:

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 9 of 9 Posts