Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a deal at my local dealer so picked up a set after My rear IRC caught a nail. $220 after taxes.

Performance is great real confidence inspiring, but the soft compound may be more prone to nails as my caught yet another with less that a 100miles

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Man that's real bad luck. Your the first member to give feedback on the Bridgestones, glad to hear you like them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have plugged it but I feel that's a temporary fix especially on two wheels. If it was my car I'd plug it till I can't plug no more

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Front or rear? I wouldn't be so bothered if it was the rear, you can control unexpected events from that end of the machine better than the front!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I'm so curious, I was dead set on Diablo Corsa II's now it seems the Evo s20 is a better tire all around in performance and price. Not sure which ones to get now!
I'd go for the Evo's, that will be my next tire choice.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd go for the Evo's, that will be my next tire choice.
Eeeeeeeeh I was going to get the s20's but I just bought a set of dr2's, they went on sale at revzilla and there's also $40 rebate from Pirelli. Total price was $160. So I guess I'll try the Evo s20's next next tire change, or the s21's when they're released in our bike's size.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
on plugging that tyre,, link covers it pretty well..

basically tho only the middle or crown of the tyre
may be plugged, compared to outer edges or sidewalls..

there are better or preferred methods, including on
and off the wheel, and by experienced vs others..

i took a wood screw center rear which was left in
for a week or so until the new set already planned
anyway was fitted [pirelli sd's]..

my son has a scoot for delivering pizzas
[rides it like a dirt bike] and has plugged
[rear] tyres many times,, using cheap
plug kits from ebay..
not recommending that,, just the point
that it can be done, when done correctly etc..

for mine i just kept an eye on pressure
which was maintained ok..
obviously the preferred option
is a new set of the best tyres
available/affordable..

Are Tire Plugs Safe For Motorcycles? | MOTORCYCLIST

·
Registered
487 Posts
Alright finally had a chance to do a good ride on these s20evo. They feel more supple then the Dunlop gpr300 but as I mentioned before they feel kinda disconnected..kinda vague. Couldn't tell the difference on asphalt, concrete, or chip seal roads all kinda fell the same. With the gpr300 I could tell the difference between those surfaces. Traction wise the s20evo grips just as well, I'll need more time to know. Turn in is a little quicker I think but hard to say cause I did not ride new s20evo and gpr300 back to back. Seems like the the dunlops are a softer compound and wears more....the s20evo didn't heat up as much. Normally on tires as they get pushed and heat up they end up with a tactile spungyish looking surface. The s20evo didn't get it on this ride which I know the gpr300 would.

So I'll report back once I get more miles in on these s20evo.

As of now it would seem like the gpr300 front and s20evo rear would make a good combo. Has the advantages of both without the downside. Less weight at both ends, more feel in front, better wear in back.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Okay now that the rear is at the wear bar and 2,500 miles in I can update. Think I might be able to get maybe another 500 out the rear.....maybe. As for feel and performance I still stand by mostly what I said before. The s20evo have less feel then the GPR300 but do turn in quicker cause of the more triangle shape. Think the dunlops have slightly better traction as well

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Okay now that the rear is at the wear bar and 2,500 miles in I can update. Think I might be able to get maybe another 500 out the rear.....maybe. As for feel and performance I still stand by mostly what I said before. The s20evo have less feel then the GPR300 but do turn in quicker cause of the more triangle shape. Think the dunlops have slightly better traction as well
You must ride your bike quite hard eh, it hasn't lasted long. Or they are just a really soft compound or a bit of both factors maybe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts