Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike was stolen from my house yesterday. The idiots left behind a screwdriver and a piece of mail.... must've fallen out of the getaway vehicle. Can see tire marks from a truck and trailer. Cops are fingerprinting everything, and little do they know my bike has a GPS tracker on it. 2 cruisers picked up a signal from it from the nearby Indian reserve. Go figure. Only a matter of time before they are caught and put in jail. Now I sit and wait. Why can't people get a real job and pay for their own stuff.
Brutal, so ticked off with society. I wanna find them and drill them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bike was stolen from my house yesterday. The idiots left behind a screwdriver and a piece of mail.... must've fallen out of the getaway vehicle. Can see tire marks from a truck and trailer. Cops are fingerprinting everything, and little do they know my bike has a GPS tracker on it. 2 cruisers picked up a signal from it from the nearby Indian reserve. Go figure. Only a matter of time before they are caught and put in jail. Now I sit and wait. Why can't people get a real job and pay for their own stuff.
Brutal, so ticked off with society. I wanna find them and drill them.
Sorry to hear that someone got your bike, I could barely even talk to the police when I had a bike stolen and just thinking about it still chokes we up. At least you know your bike we be recovered, not that it helps with the notion that your fellow citizens don't respect personal property. My 2003 BMW Dakar got stolen in Ft Lauderdale 10 years ago, it was locked and covered and parked right next to my bedroom window, never saw it again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so bummed out and discouraged. What's the point of working your tail off for something just for some low life degenerates to thieve. I don't even know if I will bother getting a new one... if I do I might go with the first bike I fell in love with, a yamaha bolt r spec. But who knows. I'll keep y'all updated :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hopefully the police will follow through and get it for you. My girlfriends sister had a four-wheeler stolen around Little Rock, about a week later it popped up on craigslist. She told the police and found out where it was, they refused to help after they found out the area it was located. Not trying to be a downer but, hopefully you will not have that problem.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Oh SH*T! My God I am so sorry to read this. The Basturds....I hope they get caught soon. I'll bet they thought your bike was a 600 RR or better yet a 1000 RR...thinking they could flip it and make BIG profit.

BYW I think if you replace it with a Bolt that model may be more in demand than the 300 R.....

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I'm so bummed out and discouraged. What's the point of working your tail off for something just for some low life degenerates to thieve...
I hear ya... I think most of us have been the victims of thieves at one point or another in our lives. Today it's become part and parcel of the times we live in. It seems every day society slips a little further into moral decay. Too many kids today are not taught what the term respect for others means.

While it may not make the sting of being ripped off any less painful, you can always put it into a different perspective... consider yourself among the fortunate in that you didn't have a doctor tell you that you have cancer, or that your kids came home safe and sound from another school day without incident, or that you were not among those killed in the Afghan hospital by a US air strike a couple days ago.

Loosing a motorcycle to a thief sucks, but it pales in comparison to the really bad sh1t that happens everyday in this world.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
its a harsh lesson in life indeed when
a thief steals your motorcycle..

it didnt occur to me that anyone would bother
stealing my 3yr old battle scarred cbr250r..

at least i had black beauty insured for more
than replacement cost, which is at least
one precaution we can all take..

he got her around xmas which just rubbed more
salt in the would.. and her replacement cbr300r
had her 19mm uncroppable chain and ss65cs
lock [english imports] waiting around her
gumtree when she arrived...

life is a brief candle..
cant let low life thieves
enter our tomorrows...

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Thats a real bummer man but we need to keep thinking positive at this stage as the outcome still hangs in the balance. Thinkin of ya.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Did you have the theft insurance on it? I was thinking that if you didn't have the GPS in it, then the insurance would help you cash out for it and not getting a hold of it... That way you could apply that to the new Bolt R Spec you've had your eyes on.

Sorry to hear - keep us posted...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So still no sign of my bike. I have full insurance and financing insurance plus the GPS tracker company has an insurance which will give me 4000 dollars towards a new bike. So although I am heartbroken, at least my bike will be payed for plus 4k towards a new one. Definitely be upgrading next season...

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
So still no sign of my bike. I have full insurance and financing insurance plus the GPS tracker company has an insurance which will give me 4000 dollars towards a new bike. So although I am heartbroken, at least my bike will be payed for plus 4k towards a new one. Definitely be upgrading next season...
Do you think they have disabled the GPS tracker or somehting?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Does that mean you may leave us?:crying:

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The GPS system has to be pretty **** good for them to offer up $4k if they can't track it down. You'd hit the jackpot if the insurance and the GPS company both reimburse you.

Say, you didn't plan this out with a buddy, did you? :laugh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hahaha way to brighten my mood... no I didn't plan it, lmao but I have been looking at the brightside, I guess it's kept me sane. I've decided to stay with Honda... I am going to wait for the 2016 CBR 600 OR 750. If I am still welcome I will stay with this forum haha... hope there's still room for a "former Cbr 300 r" owner here? :(
FML

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hahaha way to brighten my mood... no I didn't plan it, lmao but I have been looking at the brightside, I guess it's kept me sane. I've decided to stay with Honda... I am going to wait for the 2016 CBR 600 OR 750. If I am still welcome I will stay with this forum haha... hope there's still room for a "former Cbr 300 r" owner here? :(
FML
Hey, I'd be the first one they'd kick out to allow additional room, lol.

Take your time. Don't hurry it like I did... :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm so bummed out and discouraged. What's the point of working your tail off for something just for some low life degenerates to thieve...
I hear ya... I think most of us have been the victims of thieves at one point or another in our lives. Today it's become part and parcel of the times we live in. It seems every day society slips a little further into moral decay. Too many kids today are not taught what the term respect for others means.

While it may not make the sting of being ripped off any less painful, you can always put it into a different perspective... consider yourself among the fortunate in that you didn't have a doctor tell you that you have cancer, or that your kids came home safe and sound from another school day without incident, or that you were not among those killed in the Afghan hospital by a US air strike a couple days ago.

Loosing a motorcycle to a thief sucks, but it pales in comparison to the really bad sh1t that happens everyday in this world.
Definitely true. At the end of the day, it's still just a bike....just an asset, not health, flesh or blood

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It is not very nice when somebody takes your pride and joy away from you. I hope you see it again soon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts