Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy a CB300f ? Most likely be a 2016 model when dealer has one after January 2016. Right now riding a 2015 YAMAHA SMAX 155cc scooter it's a great Scooter. Just wondering if I really need to upgrade to the 300F. My Scooter is quite doesn't rattle,shake or vibrate. Even though the SMax will go 70-75mph it's best at 55-65 mph . What do you Guys think?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Scooters are lame unless you live in Italy or something like that. Buy a real motorcycle. The capabilities of a motorcycle far surpass anything a scooter can do.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I dont believe this is a question anyone can truly answer but yourself.
How about you write a list with two columns. One of pro's and one of con's.
Which ever list is longer wins :D
My personal opinion: Ditch the scooter :laugh:

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Honda CB300F does highway speeds which might be important. 125-150cc bikes generally go 55-70 mph or so tops and slow down to 45-50 mph often on hills, which is too slow for the highways and some other roads. I own a scooter too, but it's a Vespa 300 which goes 82 mph and I use the interstate frequently. If all you do is take secondary roads and run errands in town, the 125-150 scooters work very well...especially the ones with lots of unseat storage. I've had 3 125 bikes and scooters...2009 Sportcity, 2009 Vino 125 (slower than the Sportcity), and a 2015 Grom, and a 2012 Vespa 150. I love that size for the city, and you can make do in some states even on the interstate, but it isn't legal in others. The consensus is that 250 ccs is really the minimum for interstate riding and the 300s are even better and while your 155 cc scooter might go 75 tops, it is really too fast for the suspension, brakes, and longevity of the motor unless you only go that fast on occasion. The 300s cruise at an indicated 75 mph just fine all day long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I do get a cb300f I will be missing the under seat storage, will definitely need to put on a rear rack for my 46 liter top case. Will be using to go on camping trips . As soon as the 2016 models come out & I can test drive one I might take the leap up to the 300f. I know I should but I'm really going to miss the SMax a lot it's a great grocery getter & town ride. It drives great 65mph & under.

Have any of you had much problems with your 300's besides the starter relay recall.

Thanks again for your replies,comments & knowledge about the Honda 300

·
Registered
172 Posts
ive got a cb300f, and honestly, get a cb300f, naked bikes are incredible fun to ride, its an awesome canyon carver, seems like its pretty good offroad, i havent done anything crazy with it, and endless mods,

check out my youtube videos if your interested on getting a view from a different angle

2bros tarmac upgrade -$800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOJQtaMDNzA

shogun frameslider instal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95RO7FE6h4I

2bros tarmac instal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JMFT1JGDQU

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Take the test ride you have planned. If you're very pleased with it afterwards, and feel that you'll truly appreciate and be more happy with the new ownership... Then go for it.

If you've been very pleased with your scooter and don't really feel the need or urge, then just hang tight and keep enjoying without much to worry.

* Keyword = YOU.

:)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you guys. Just waiting for 2016 models to come out & dealer to have one for me to test ride/ most likely buy. Or maybe a discounted 2015. Knock on wood!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you can id say keep the scooter and get the 300f. Are you generally familiar with motorcycles? Are you fine with the different braking style and shifting?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Backpacks work really well. I even have an insulated cup with a tight lid that I can put a soft drink refill into from Subway or wherever. I have even been known to use 2 backpacks...one on the back and one on the front if I need to carry lots of stuff. Between a fanny pack and backpacks, I can tote lots of stuff if I need to on my motorcycles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be just keeping one of them. I have owned 12 motorcycles. Shifting & braking no Problem. Just did a 150 mile road trip on my Yamaha 155 cc SMax average 55-65 mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts