Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Canada has the cb300fa, in both white and black.
It also comes with abs.
The non abs is priced at $4,799CAN, which equals about $3340USD.
That's almost $600 cheaper, which covers for a cheap airline ticket, and the gas/oil for oilchanges needed to return home.
My takeaway?
A nice vacation, awesome ride, and a White CB300F which will be properly broken into when I'm arriving home!

I wonder if it would be a good idea to buy one in canada, and ride it home?
I know it's a good 1500 miles.

I worry about
1- legal reasons, not to be able to cross the border with it, or register it here.
2- fuel injection system optimized for colder weather, not 110f degrees summers..

What do you think?

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No factory warranty, huh?
I'm more concerned about being able to register them...
In those first 500 to 1000 miles, factory issues on the bike usually become apparent.
Only thing I'd be missing would be a factory recall...
If the bike doesn't break down on the way down here, which is like 1500 miles,
It probably won't break down at all.

Another alternative is to buy a red one and bleach the color out of the panels, lol :D

If things where only that easy...
I could spray paint them...

·
Registered
274 Posts
You will be doing a lot of constant speed/rpm travel, which is not recommended during the break-in. Another concern is you'll need to come up with cash because nobody will finance you here.
Why not just plastidip?

·
Registered
156 Posts
No question about it, it's not worth the hassle and headache. Take the bike down to a paint shop or vinyl it for next to nothing if you want a different color. As far as ABS, it's nice and a great safety feature, but it wouldn't warrant a 3000 mile round trip and dealing with all the bureaucracy to have it IMO.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Quote.. Why not just plastidip?

That's what I was thinking...........(great minds think alike!)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
IMO Plastidip begins to look cheap and getto in short order when used on a vehicle. Works fine for the handles on a pair of pliers, but on the cowls of a bike I wouldn't do it.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plastidip, like spray paint it?
Nowadays they have plastic sheets that can cover body panels as well...

Forget my abs 3d printer... that kind of plastic will melt just being outside in the sun..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Plastidip is a product that is exactly like it sounds. You dip the parts and it leaves a rubber/plastic coating on the pieces. Is great for some uses, terrible for others.

Painting a bike if you take it apart yourself is probably close to 600$ CDN. I would just pay to paint it if it bothers you that much. In my experience your bike colour doesn't matter that much, only how it rides.

·
Registered
447 Posts
A few decals here and there makes all the difference. Look at the 2014 white Ninja 300 compared to the white 2013 Ninja 300 for example. The 2014 has all that gray decal work and doesn't even look white any more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts