Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there. In 2 days i am buying my first ever bike, a blood red honda cbr 300. I have been doing research for a while on the usual suspects, cbr 300, ninja 300, yamaha r3, ktm 390. Each has its strength and weaknesses. After careful overall considerations, i chose the cbr 300.
This is for all cbr owners: any last thoughts before buying? Any last advice, things to look for before buying, accessories to buy and any kind of owners advices? What are the issues with bike and major things to be aware of (as cbr users and owners).

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Nothing to be concerned about, just go and collect it and get out there and enjoy it :)

Late edit: Make sure the tank is full before you ride away. My dealer never filled mine up until I pointed it out. Same when I bought 250R.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Don't be nervous, you'll learn as your ownership progresses. Out of your choices, I'm personally always picking the Honda and its 300.

Try to save enough for some gear, and a comfortable helmet to wear at every chance. Also, before you shake hands on the deal, ask for the 600 mile service to be thrown in with the deal.

I went without ABS since I preferred less on the bike. You have the chance to still go either way.

Don't let the dealer mess with you on the financing - try to go with the promotional APR and term that is offered from Honda, and use the extra cash incentive to your favor.

Good luck, and post pics afterwards, please. : )

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will reliably get 69-71 mpg, even when you're dogging it. Woohoo!

This is an awesome city commuter.

Are you getting it new or used? If new, make sure you do the 600 mile maintenance. If nothing else, make sure you change the oil. Lots of gunk and crap builds up with the new builds, and the oil needs to get changed.

Have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts