Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following aftermarket parts for my CBR250 that I would want to put onto a CBR300.

Givi rear rack. GIVI SR1103 Rack.

Connects in place of the rear pillion handles, not down along the side.

I would guess not as the handle position on the main frame, and also the gaps in the rear farings where they prtrude from would need to be the same.

K&N airfilter. HA-2511

K+N list the same part number for the CBR300, so I would guess that it is a yes.

K&N Products by Vehicle Search - Year, Make, Model, Engine Search

Delkevic exhaust.

This model slip-on muffler, not a full system with header pipe.

I would guess yes.

Any info on the Givi rear rack that connects to the mounts for the rear pillion handles, fitting or not?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Filter yes, Delkevic slip on no (header pipe is longer on 300) don't know about luggage, its not my thing.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yup header pipe on the 300 R is about 4 inches longer....

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think the luggage rack will fit. Seems to me the rear end on 250 is the same as the 300. If you want to know for certain then check part number for the grab rail if they are the same for both then the rack will fit. Just checked and the part number is slightly off, could be color difference. There are about half a dozen model version listed for each model. You could check each one till two match.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't suppose those final 4 inches are dead straight, so one could just hack saw them off? and the slip on would just, well, slip on.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Don't suppose those final 4 inches are dead straight, so one could just hack saw them off? and the slip on would just, well, slip on.
Yes you can but I found the angle of the header pipe was slightly wrong as well and no matter which way I rolled the mid (link) pipe it didn't sit quite right in that the muffler doesn't run quite parallel to the center line of the bike if your looking down on the bike (birds eye view).

You will also be cutting off the mounting collar that the front of the link pipe seats up against so you need a good strong mounting clamp to stop the mid pipe sliding forward on the header pipe. I found the OEM pipe clamp was stronger than the one Delkevic supply.

Its doesn't bug me particularly now and people don't seem too notice. Depends how fussy you are.
I had the Delkevic on my 250R so I was kinda keen to re-mount it on the 300 as I liked the pipe. Don't go any shorter than the 14" model unless you want a noisey pipe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In terms of performance (acceleration, mainly) do you notice much of a difference between your old 250 and the 300?

I haven't decided between a CBR300, CBR500, or Ninja 650. All would be around the same price as would buy used. Mainly for city use, so why I'm leaning towards the 300 after 4 years on the 250. (also it would be newer than the others and I'd like to just transfer the topbox, air filter and pipe over to it)

Is the extra 36cc really noticeable?

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Well a direct comparison is always a best observation so if I think back to the first time I rode the 300 then yes, It was noticeably better acceleration wise. More torque lower down the rev range in particular.
Going off Honda's own power figures it is a 17% increase in power so its def noticeable.

If Delkevic get their act together and start making exhausts for the 300 then you would only need to purchase the link pipe which wouldn't be too expensive. Or a good pipe bending outfit could tweak your 250 one to get the right bends and you could do the header pipe cut down mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave has a rear Givi top box rack from his CBR250 and wondered whether or not it would fit the CBR300.

I too would like a Givi rack for my CBR300 and having looked at exploded diagrams it would seem that both rear ends / grab rails are the same and therefore, in theory, the 250 rack should fit the 300.

I am wondering if anyone can say for sure that the CBR250 rack does fit the 300.

Any updates would be much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts