Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to the forums, currently riding a Rebel 250 and really wanting to switch to a CB300F. I found this bike for sale (2016 CB300F) and it looks like the owner put an aftermarket exhaust on.

Anyone know which exhaust this is? If so, any problems with it? I will plan on switching to stock if there are any known issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Really nice looking bike. I'm not sure what brand it is. The biggest problem I can think of... is the OEM muffler contains a built in catalytic converter. This muffler may also, but I doubt it. So, without it, you're out of compliance for emissions regulations. That may not bother you. But I'd also want to know if the previous owner has done anything else.. like a fuel controller, or an ECU re-flash to address the air-fuel mixture.. On this bike, just the exhaust with no catalytic converter, may not cause a problem. But I'd want to know what's not Honda OEM.
You may be able to find a used OEM muffler since lots of folks do just as you see here... replace the OEM with a slip-on for looks and weight reduction. If not, a new OEM is costly... I have a schematic below to show what I'm talking about.
Honda Motorcycle 2016 OEM Parts Diagram for MUFFLER | Partzilla.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really nice looking bike. I'm not sure what brand it is. The biggest problem I can think of... is the OEM muffler contains a built in catalytic converter. This muffler may also, but I doubt it. So, without it, you're out of compliance for emissions regulations. That may not bother you. But I'd also want to know if the previous owner has done anything else.. like a fuel controller, or an ECU re-flash to address the air-fuel mixture.. On this bike, just the exhaust with no catalytic converter, may not cause a problem. But I'd want to know what's not Honda OEM.
You may be able to find a used OEM muffler since lots of folks do just as you see here... replace the OEM with a slip-on for looks and weight reduction. If not, a new OEM is costly... I have a schematic below to show what I'm talking about.
Honda Motorcycle 2016 OEM Parts Diagram for MUFFLER | Partzilla.com
Thanks airhead! The seller has the OEM muffler with the bike, but I wasn't sure how tricky it would be to swap the OEM back in, plus any other mods that I'd want to reverse.

Thanks for the helpful diagram. I really want to get this bike now! Curious, any one else happen to come from a Rebel 250 or maybe own both?

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Looks like a cheap Chinese thing and is probably obnoxiously loud to go with it lol. But if your getting the stock muffler with the bike then no problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a cheap Chinese thing and is probably obnoxiously loud to go with it lol. But if your getting the stock muffler with the bike then no problem.
I really am not a fan of loud exhausts, especially on a bike that I'd mostly use as a commuter. No need to wake the neighbors!

Thanks, if I can sell my Rebel, I'll snag this bike if it doesn't sell soon.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Agree it's probably a loud no-name.

Here's to hoping it works out! (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dependent on the mileage too, you might able to snag a deal. I had 11k on to ODO for a 2017 and it was 3000 CDN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips everyon! This bike sold while I was still trying to sell my Rebel, so I'm stuck with the little cruiser for now :confused: It was a good deal (at least for Seattle) so I'm not surprised!

·
Registered
343 Posts
They're a popular bike that comes and goes frequently, you should be able to find another one (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts