Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously the stock exhaust is always the quiet way to go but it is pretty hideous. Was looking for something that looks nice preferably in black and gives you a decent upgrade and sound maybe a mellow rumble. Actually anything would be cool but not tooooo loud? I know kinda of defeats the purpose ?

I don’t mind the sound on the highway on the bigger open roads. However commuting to work I take some smaller back roads through some farms and quieter neighborhoods and I have to keep this in fifth gear sixth gear to keep RPMs low because I don’t want to be that guy that basically annoys the whole town. And compared to the Harley Davidson‘s that have pipes that shake the house this gets nowhere near that so I’m not as loud as others but just trying to see what you guys have had experience with. I know the Cb300r is different than an RR or F but wanted to pick your brains.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Something in Carbon from Akrapovic would be a great option but it depends how much you want to spend. As a cheaper option I had a carbon Delkevic which worked well and wasn't too noisy (with dB killer in) but they only make them for the CBR250R and you have to modify the header pipe to get them to fit so not a great option unless your an engineer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you put a db silencer in the Arrow you have?
It has one in it. I can make it louder by taking it off. I’m just too old for this volume lol. I will leave this the cool young kids. Already listed for sale on CL

·
Registered
311 Posts
It has one in it. I can make it louder by taking it off. I’m just too old for this volume lol. I will leave this the cool young kids. Already listed for sale on CL
:LOL: Probably the right move then. Aftermarket slip-ons with roughly OE equivalent (-sized) cans are probably the quietest, and they only get louder from there (i.e., the short stubby canisters).

I installed a full Yoshi exhaust on my 300F, and it was TOO LOUD on throttle without the silencer. With the silencer, it was bearable. On the new bike with only a Yoshi slip-on, I removed the silencer because the v-twin sounds divine (and I'm still a hooligan at heart).

There's definitely a market for more mild-mannered aftermarket exhausts, but I don't know that anyone really serves it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:LOL: Probably the right move then. Aftermarket slip-ons with roughly OE equivalent (-sized) cans are probably the quietest, and they only get louder from there (i.e., the short stubby canisters).

I installed a full Yoshi exhaust on my 300F, and it was TOO LOUD on throttle without the silencer. With the silencer, it was bearable. On the new bike with only a Yoshi slip-on, I removed the silencer because the v-twin sounds divine (and I'm still a hooligan at heart).

There's definitely a market for more mild-mannered aftermarket exhausts, but I don't know that anyone really serves it.
Yeah I put the stock exhaust back on and gonna just sell the Arrow. Probably not gonna find what I am looking for lol. I wonder if those carbon fake akrapovic are any good ?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Thanks. I was looking at that one and the Corsa. Wondering if I can keep my mid pipe and just connect new can ?

Get the Evo one not the cheap Corsa. Been there done that. Fail!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was considering these for a quieter route

seems to be well reviewed, and looks better than stock...howeverI should be getting a nice deal that i can’t pass up for a two brothers tarmas exhaust from a member here somy apologies to my neighbors!

anyone have any experience woth voodoo industries? I saw someone here with a similar looking exhaust in a cb300f pics thread....

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Look at a Scorpion exhaust. The have stainless steel innerds and don’t require repacking. I have one for my SV650. Love the tone and it isn’t loud IMO.
+1 I have a Scorpion on my Ninja 400 and are very pleased with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts