Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone. I need your help form input. Since it hard for me to get test ride this 2 bikes. here my quick. I am form southeast Asia country know as Cambodia and i been in market for 2 year now wanted to get new bike to replace my old (bullet proof) honda 125cc bike. I do love to keep it for few year max 4 years.

My quick info
It will be my daily commuter (30 to 50km per day) and with weekend fun (long distinct outside city). my daily speed (inside city) will be around 40 to 60 and rarely 80km/h anything more is death wish here. I do love my bike to have good mileage, if can (so i can ride more, :devil:). Here i also do lance split, love to my bike to have really good break power and light weight(if some member have been to Cambodia, will know why -_-). i do hope my bike to have less vibration and reliable as it will be my daily ride all year round.

The Problem
1.will you still get the bike if the price different for only 500usd? 5400usd (cbr all color incled respol) VS 5900usd (ninja all color). but the cbr is gray import without honda Cambodia support (as they have only CBR150R) but i can easy find most spare part (and cheap mostly form 250R) since honda is big (really big) here. For ninja 300 will have a support form their maker as they just recently open their showroom here.
2. will the CBR have enough power what what i need and more for fun ? As i been look many review and cbr kinda the underdog of the 4 bike (yes we also have RC390 not yet R3), But for their owner seem to like alot. :/
3. Will i need to rev the bike a lot to get the power like cbr 500R and benelli TNT300s (i have a chance to test ride). (I do love to have power delivery like KTM Duke 200 or hoysung GD250 (cross my finger))

Sorry for my bad English and thank in advance. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ergo's of the Ninja completely threw me off the first time I got to sit on one, for that reason, I crossed it off my list.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Yes, I have been to Cambodia so can picture the traffic situation you have to deal with - esp if you are based in Phnom Penh the capital city!

You dont say if your interested in the F or the R model but I would have thought the F would be more suited to high density traffic riding and lane splitting etc.

Because you are coming off a 125 you will find the CBR has plenty enough power to keep you happy I'm sure.
The CBR is not a bike you need to rev a lot to get maximum acceleration, most of the power is in the 6000 - 9000RPM range. Redline is at 10,500.

So basically you are trying to decide between a parallel twin motor (Ninja) and a single cylinder motor (CBR). I'm guessing your 125 you ride now is a single so you know the basic power characteristics of a single. Take the Benelli for a test ride as its a parallel twin and see what you think of that. Hey, they are a smart looking bike - you may end up buying one!

Personally I'd save myself the $500 and go for the CBR but I'm biased... :laugh:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
i lane split ie, filter thru stopped or slow moving traffic
no problem on cbr300r.. mirrors are moveable for
touching car mirrors [hasnt happened yet]..

this motorcycle has similar torque ['real power'] to others
in this class, and its accessible thru gearbox design..

dont worry about your engish mate,
not many members here have khmer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts