Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda cbr300r
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully, somebody can help me out, but I'm rebuilding a 2016 cbr300r but its mainly just broken fenders and bent rim and a few other things, but I'm almost done with it and I can ride it around, but I'm having a problem where I can get into 2nd gear and can't go any higher like it just won't click up, and when I rock it back and forth in second gear then hear a click, I can then get it into 3rd and do the same for 4th and so on, I've got the oil recently changed (it only has 4,000 miles on it), I've heard there may be a bend in something in the engine, I'm not sure, I was just wondering if anyone would have an idea, there is a recall on the bike for a crankshaft failure, I'm taking it in soon to get that done and thought maybe that could be it. This is also my first bike, so maybe I'm being stupid and don't know how to shift, even though I do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Shifting gears is no different than everything else on a motorcycle. The longer you ride, the more proficient and comfortable you'll be. Maybe try to find someone you trust that's an experienced, and safe motorcycle rider to test ride your bike and see if they have the same problems changing gears. That somebody could be someone from your dealership. Most dealership mechanics, parts guys, and sale persons I know, also ride
If you're still concerned... When you take it in for the Safety Recall... You could give the dealership's service manager a heads up about your concern, and let them be on the lookout for internal problems while they have the engine apart,. But you'll have to trust they'll not screw you over, and realize any repairs and labor over and above the recall is your bill to pay. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts