Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quest for you CB 300 f owners.
How does the bike handle on the freeway? I will be driving around 65 mph on average or slower. I'm just worried about the small motor. Is the bike pushing its limits at 65 mph or does it sit at a comfortable rmp? I have a 45 min drive at those speeds. Any input would be awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
the 300f just sleeps at 65, but above 75 it gets a little busy with stock gearing. it feels a little light on bumpy surfaces. this is my experience though having had a star 1100 before.

·
Registered
352 Posts
How does the bike handle on the freeway? I will be driving around 65 mph on average or slower. I'm just worried about the small motor. Is the bike pushing its limits at 65 mph or does it sit at a comfortable rmp?
I can only speak to how the 300R handles at that speed, but its the same motor.

When I ride to and from work a couple times a week (30-40 min ride), I find that she can easily pull to 60+ mph, as I usually try to ride at a steady 60. When I'm at 60+ mph, the rev range is usually 6-8k in 5th gear I think. (Sometimes I don't pay attention and just ride!) When I pop her in 6th I get another 10-15 mph and she feels fine. The bike is fairly light so I tend to get pushed around a bit by things like traffic or flat winds on open highways, but I tuck thru it and am getting used to it.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
How does the bike handle on the freeway? I will be driving around 65 mph on average or slower. I'm just worried about the small motor. Is the bike pushing its limits at 65 mph or does it sit at a comfortable rmp? I have a 45 min drive at those speeds. Any input would be awesome, thanks!
Not sure if you meant to say highway instead of freeway?... if you ride at 65 MPH on rural interstate freeways, you will feel like you're about to be run over as most traffic will be moving in the 75 - 85 MPH range.

Of course most freeways within urban metro areas have a 65 MPH posted speed limit, but even that speed limit tends to be disregarded by most motorists. In any case, these bikes will easily cruise along at 75 - 80 MPH in 6th gear all day long, although there is not much in the way of reserve "passing power" left at those speeds... to accelerate from 75 MPH to 85-90 MPH takes a bit of time and distance on these small displacement bikes.

Reactions: Pork Chop
1 - 4 of 4 Posts