Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a brand new 300F. And I was wondering, from your perspective, is there any benefit to the belly pan? I like the looks of the naked bikes and it isn't naked enough for me!

I get that it offers a little bit of dirt/stone protection for the engine, but growing up with bikes without belly pans, that doesn't really bother me.

I haven't looked at it, but I'd even like to pull the plastic mounted higher up but that seems to direct air into the rad and away from the rider's legs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
belly pan cowl

I have thought on this some myself but I find I have to keep more of an open mind about this sportbike thing & in this case what is a naked bike to someone else as you put it crazyjack not naked enough etc

in the end I decided since the header is black & it probably does provide some more efficient level of aerodynamics so I would keep it

so what I decided to do as an alternative is try to dress it up some & see how that looks, I upgraded to the more finished cf belly pan cowl which is listed as an accessory for this model bike

I do like it better but I need to study it more especially in different lighting, then see if I think upgrading the front panels would work? idk it's a work in progress, we'll see

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Just got a brand new 300F. And I was wondering, from your perspective, is there any benefit to the belly pan? I like the looks of the naked bikes and it isn't naked enough for me!
Its there for styling purposes, remove it if you wish and you wont affect anything. As a bonus it will be in really good condition when you go to sell the bike as this is one of the fist bits to get trashed by road chips etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its there for styling purposes, remove it if you wish and you wont affect anything. As a bonus it will be in really good condition when you go to sell the bike as this is one of the fist bits to get trashed by road chips etc.
Good point.
Wrapping it in vinyl will be a good way for those that want to keep it to have some level of protection going on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well there you have it! I do like the way it looks a whole lot more, I don't like the idea of the mounting bolt holes being exposed to the elements, I'll probably put the bolts back in and eyeball it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did it, but didn't like it. There were too many mounting points that looked out of place with it off, and no way to simply remove the mounting brackets. Same goes with the plastic bits beside the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts