Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I started to install clip on bars tonight.

To do this mod you will need 37mm* fork clip on bars, drop the top tree 3-4 inches (I weigh 155 lbs and do bottom out).

The bars give the bike a more aggressive position. I m also using a 2011 cbr 250 top tree.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Looks good in the photo, more of an aggressive street fighter stance. Do you have a photo taken from the top showing your top yoke area and the top of the forks?

3 - 4 inches is a lot to drop your triple tree, do you have any problems with front wheel hugger hitting the bike when it bottoms out?

You have a typo on your post too, should read 37mm not 27mm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good in the photo, more of an aggressive street fighter stance. Do you have a photo taken from the top showing your top yoke area and the top of the forks?

3 - 4 inches is a lot to drop your triple tree, do you have any problems with front wheel hugger hitting the bike when it bottoms out?

You have a typo on your post too, should read 37mm not 27mm.
Before I installed the clip on bars I rode around for a weeks just to make sure I wouldn't bottom out. 100 miles later, no problems.

Will be installing a new top tree in a couple days.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Nice work, looks good with your new mirrors and levers etc. But yeah it will look a bit tidier with the R model top yoke. I did the same mod on a bike years ago and just carefully cut the old handle bar mounts off with a hacksaw then used a grinder and finally sandpaper to get it flat and smooth. After a coat of paint it looked good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts