Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought this bike as a new rider. Needless to say, ive had my fair share of falls while learning. Recently, my last fall left Apepi (my honda) unable to shift out of N. He starts up and runs while in N, but going into first or any other gear he dies like ive pressed the engine cut-off switch- no jerks, no sounds… only silent death. I want to learn to fix him myself, and currently have no funds to take him to the shop; not to mention every repair shop within a 50mi radius is 6+ weeks out. Could someone give me some ideas what it MIGHT be so i can set out a plan??

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
It sounds to me like your side stand cut out switch has got damaged or has just stopped working. The purpose of this safety cut out device is so you cant ride away with the side stand down. Normally if the switch is working correctly as soon as you put the bike into gear and the side stand is down it kills the ignition. If the switch or wiring is damaged (like in your case perhaps) then the bike still thinks the side stand is down even when it's up so it stalls as soon as you put it into gear.
This is what it looks like removed from the bike.

Have a really close look at the switch connected to your stand and esp the wiring leading to it for any sort of damage.
Good place to start anyways!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just recently bought this bike as a new rider. Needless to say, ive had my fair share of falls while learning. Recently, my last fall left Apepi (my honda) unable to shift out of N. He starts up and runs while in N, but going into first or any other gear he dies like ive pressed the engine cut-off switch- no jerks, no sounds… only silent death. I want to learn to fix him myself, and currently have no funds to take him to the shop; not to mention every repair shop within a 50mi radius is 6+ weeks out. Could someone give me some ideas what it MIGHT be so i can set out a plan??
ok I’ll bite. How many times have you crashed? I assume you didn’t take a course? Highly recommend, not only will you save yourself a fortune in repair bills but maybe something more valuable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts