Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondering if a 2015 300f engine would swap into a 17 300r. I was a dipshit and ran it with a lack of oil, cost of having it repaired would be more than the swap.

·
Registered
264 Posts
yes all the same-just make sure the 2015 engine has the recall done and you have heard the 2015 engine run because some times the crankshaft swap doesn't go so well

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes all the same-just make sure the 2015 engine has the recall done and you have heard the 2015 engine run because some times the crankshaft swap doesn't go so well

Thanks for the tip, I gave a dealership a call and was told the 300f, 300r, and rebel 300 engines would be interchangeable. I went with the 2015 300f swap and shes running good now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I gave a dealership a call and was told the 300f, 300r, and rebel 300 engines would be interchangeable. I went with the 2015 300f swap and shes running good now.
Glad it worked out but FYI for anyone else that needs to do this the 300 Rebel engine is not the same a whole different tune much less HP and would require a lot more parts changed

·
Registered
353 Posts
Shop that did my recall claimed the F and R had different head parts numbers (and replacement part for the R head was 2x as much). Guy was also under the impression they were all identical, until he found this discrepancy in the computer. I dunno what to believe.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Glad it worked out but FYI for anyone else that needs to do this the 300 Rebel engine is not the same a whole different tune much less HP and would require a lot more parts changed
Are you sure about that??? I thought the CBR/F/Rebel "286" cc engine were all the same...also the same in the new 2019 CB 300 R,,,,,:eek:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well..I'll be d.a.m.e.d. the peak HP of the CBR 300 R and CB 300 F are rated at 30.5 HP. The 300 Rebel is rated at 27.4 HP.... I stand corrected.. lol

Reactions: baadsheep

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are you sure about that??? I thought the CBR/F/Rebel "286" cc engine were all the same...also the same in the new 2019 CB 300 R,,,,,:eek:
Yes very sure-do a Google search Honda 300 Rebel dyno chart and you will see an over lap of a regular 300 vrs 300 Rebel put out by Cycleworld mag--a quick parts check shows the intake cam is different plus a lot more--and for the new CB300R I read it has a few less rated HP 28.5 vrs 30.5 but due to the less weight I don't think anyone would notice it-time will tell on that one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes very sure-do a Google search Honda 300 Rebel dyno chart and you will see an over lap of a regular 300 vrs 300 Rebel put out by Cycleworld mag--a quick parts check shows the intake cam is different plus a lot more--and for the new CB300R I read it has a few less rated HP 28.5 vrs 30.5 but due to the less weight I don't think anyone would notice it-time will tell on that one
Sow the 300f cylinder head is different from the R?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts