Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y'all, I'm new to the forum. And I just got my cb300f. (My first bike!!!) And I'm thinking about buying a new exhaust. But for that I need the pipe dimensions. Can anyone please tell me the diameter for the exhaust pipe? Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello y'all, I'm new to the forum. And I just got my cb300f. (My first bike!!!) And I'm thinking about buying a new exhaust. But for that I need the pipe dimensions. Can anyone please tell me the diameter for the exhaust pipe? Thanks a lot :)
Welcome to the forum james! congrats on your new 300f. i just got one too one june 2nd. just hit 400 miles today.
anyways i'm not sure about the exhaust pipe but if you are looking for a slip on you can look at revzilla. Personally i'm tied between the Yoshimura R77 or the Two Brothers Racing Tarmac exhaust. There is also an Akraprovic option.

I'm leaning more towards Two Brothers because i looked up on youtube and found a video where someone recorded their ninja with the Tarmac exhaust and it sounded awesome. If anyone on this forum has any knowledge about either i'd like to hear your thoughts.

Also James you should go to your Control Panel and add a little more details about yourself, where you're located, age, hobbies etc. Again congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum its a great one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also, a few of us here have discovered that any slip-on for the CBR250R series will fit on a 300 with a slight modification to the header pipe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank ya'll a lot. I just bought an exhaust from radiant cycles (I bought the Black Shorty GP Exhaust) here is the link to the website - 38mm-ID and they are offering a discount the code is ShortyExhaust13 for 5% off (it basically takes off the tax)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Be prepared for that pipe to be ridiculously loud. I had a Yoshimura TRC (full size muffler) on my 300F, which was so loud that I bought the DB killer, which was still VERY loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just take off your slip on. That will give you a pretty good idea on how loud it will be. The price on that thing is ridiculous. You can go down to your auto parts store and buy a cheap cherry bomb can or muffle tip and weld it on for cheaper.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dude, no. This is just running straight exhaust pipe with a shiny tip. Can almost guarantee you will lose performance and neighbors.

Keep the stock muffler on at least until you scratch it and can justify replacing it with a different aftermarket muffler.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
That's not a muffler, its a pipe extension :D

This is taken from their website:
Do you crave an aggressive rumble as you cruise the streets? :laugh: :laugh:

If you want an idea of how it will sound then go out to the garage and remove the muffler from your lawn mower...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
be aware that without specfic tuning this decrease in backpressure
while possibly increasing hp at high revs, will decrease hp and torque
'real, or pulling power' at lower revs, as in general riding..

bloke down the street with a harley with open exhausts
had to park somewhere else.. his harley kept falling
over at night.. cant imagine how/why..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so, i put on the shorty exhaust and turns out that it is WAY TOO LOUD, so after a drive around town, i switched it back to the stock exhaust. i wanted an exhaust so i can be heard, not an exhaust that will make everyone hate me and make my ears bleed lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
To be honest you didn't buy an exhaust, just a nice looking exhaust tip.

See my previous suggestion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If price is the determining factor here, look into exhausts for the CBR250 series. I got a very nice condition Yoshimura TRC slip-on for 100$ on craigslist. The deals are out there, you just need to be patient ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any GP style exhaust is going to be very loud. I strongly suggest the Akrapovic system, is a nice tone. Neighbourhood chicky has it on her cbr300r and it sound pretty good. Keep in mind single cylinder engine will be loud when it is revving high no matter what. Something else I might mention is that if you are looking to do something like this you should also replace the air filter (for air flow) and change the tune on the bike. And yes, there aren't many full systems for the small bikes, just slip-ons. And I don't care what you say, that stock exhaust is absolutely hideous, and WAY too big. My wife will be replacing hers, she just doesn't know it yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts