Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i want to improve my forks, according to the zip tie method i bottom out occasionally.
First i will service the forks and replace the oil.. then try adding preload with spacers, but im expecting to replace the springs,
I weigh 85kg.. Racetech website says i need around 0.65-0.85kg/mm springs according to which skill level i enter..

im looking at a YSS kit and an Ohlins, both are 0.7kg/mm rated and say they are for CBR300R/CBR250R but dont mention CB300F.
Are the forks the same length in both bikes?
i would expect them to be a bit longer on the CBR to allow the clip ons to attach...

Im in Thailand and ride tight twisty roads when i can but have to ride quite long distances to reach them....

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

· Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Are these the two kits your looking at?

If so, it appears both of them have a spacer tube that sits on top of the spring. So if you do find the kit length is too long then you just cut the spacer tube down to suit. This is common practice with spring upgrades as often the afterrmarket springs you buy cover various models of bike so are never quite the right length.

FWIF the YSS kit is the better of the two because it contains emulator valves to give you improved and adjustable damping control. You do have to fish them out to adjust them tho, not something you do on the side of the road! But once you've got them set you dont tend to change them.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kiwi rider, thanks for your reply.

Yes those are the two kits, The YSS is actually the cheaper one..

So ill just adjust the length of the spacer to give the correct rider sag as i would with the current , non adjustable setup, then have the new adjusters to provide minor adjustment in the future..

I contacted YSS but they just replied, "no not for CB300F"

· Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Thats interesting they said 'not for CB300F' maybe they know something we dont. I dont want to steer you down the wrong path but I would be surprised if Honda had two different design of fork on those budget bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts