Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a member of the cbr250r forum as I was thinking of buying one.but ended up buying a cbr300r so now i'm a member here too. After putting 1200 miles on my new bike I began to wonder if it were possible to make the riding position more comfy by putting cb300f handlebars, upper triple clamp, and longer cables on for a shorter reach to the bars. They have done this on cbr250r bikes, and tell exactly how to do it on the 250 forum. Since the 300 fairing is different from the 250 fairing I don't know if there might be handlebar/fairing interference. Helibars says they have no plans to make bars for the cbr300r at this time. any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I would like to raise my bars a little, too. However, if you put your steering on full lock, you will see that there is very little clearance between the grips and the fairing.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I'm not sure about clearance in terms of raising the bars but I do know first hand there is more clearance underneath the handle bars on the 300. I put lower aftermarket bars on my 250 (Woodcraft) but was able to fit the lower Vortex bars on my 300. Of course with lowering the bars there are no cable issues. This could be your biggest hassle, but I guess you could just use the 300F cables.
So I do know that the handle bars are identical between models and would be surprised if there is less fairing clearance up top than a 250. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about helibars? has anyone put helibars for the cbr250 on a cbr300 to see if they work? I called helibars a couple months ago and they said they had no plans to develope bars for the 300r.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts