Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I joined because I am doing a 300F swap on my Honda Grom.

I`ve been looking for a CB300F Harness for the last four months and no luck.

This is the last resort, please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,999 Posts
Welcome!

Well, I'd imagine that the members here who own CB300F's are currently using their wiring harnesses. ;)

Seriously though, a wiring harness is one of those things I wouldn't want to buy used. Is there a reason you don't want to order a new one from Honda?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I would think...since most parts for the 300 F and 300 R are inexpensive..the wiring harness (new) would be also.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree, i would not look for this part used. The amount of labor involved to install it is significant. My friend had a Honda Hornet 900 that needed to have the entire electrical harness changed and the mechanic charged him $500 (including new parts). Mechanic advised he has to basically take the entire bike apart to run the wires, its a big job. Have to pull the gas tank.

If the used harness is not good its a tremendous risk to have to do all that labor all over again.

When you say swap the Grom to a CB300 what exactly are you attempting to accomplish? You mean to change the motor of Grom to the motor of a CB300? You may be better off to sell the Grom used and then buy a used CB300. The Grom is a more expensive bike than the CB300.

And then consider after doing all the work how difficult it will be to sell a Grom that has been customized so deeply? Unless you are a collector, customizer or hobbyist I dont think it makes financial sense to do it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Unless you are a collector, customizer or hobbyist I dont think it makes financial sense to do it.
It's a pretty straightforward swap, there are a decent number out there, plenty of YouTube videos. Quickest way to 100mph on a Grom. :eek:

Unfortunately, Mark, yeah, nobody here willing to part with their wiring harness on a running bike. (What about the 250's wiring?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts