Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, has anyone done any mods with the mirrors? i went to go look at the end of my handlebars, and it looks like they're either sliders, or weights that spin, is it a bad idea to remove them to put mirrors on, and if someone else has already done it, let me know :)

CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter Bar End Mirror - RevZilla

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
handlebar mirrors

hey guys,

ive been linked posts before, but none have a good example of how they did it, its sorta, i just did it aha

anyways, for the guys who have handlebar mirrors, what did you do with the weights?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I researched this some a couple of months ago because I too prefer barend mirrors but put it off to a winter project so I will be revisiting this subject soon, at the time I reviewed the same thread above & found several u tube videos on this subject for similar bikes, but nobody was using a clip on mirror, part of this research involved some email communications with several mirror vendors which was very helpful

they all basically said the same thing they do recommend to remove the stock handlebar weights & use expansion adapters because unless the weight is welded into the bar (which it is not) any bar end mirror attached to the stock weight will vibrate which is not the result you are looking for if you want to see what is behind you going 50mph, they advised using their adapters regardless if using a clip on mirror with the appropriate end cap or otherwise

ride safe

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I researched this some a couple of months ago because I too prefer barend mirrors but put it off to a winter project so I will be revisiting this subject soon, at the time I reviewed the same thread above & found several u tube videos on this subject for similar bikes, but nobody was using a clip on mirror, part of this research involved some email communications with several mirror vendors which was very helpful

they all basically said the same thing they do recommend to remove the stock handlebar weights & use expansion adapters because unless the weight is welded into the bar (which it is not) any bar end mirror attached to the stock weight will vibrate which is not the result you are looking for if you want to see what is behind you going 50mph, they advised using their adapters regardless if using a clip on mirror with the appropriate end cap or otherwise

ride safe
now thats a great reply aha :) thanks bro!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts