Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello Riders! So today I got my new exhaust today ( this is exactly what I got Honda CB/CBR 300F/R (2015) Shorty Exhaust. Color: Gold | Coffman's Exhaust ) and I don't know why I lost so much power and my engine heats up! Why is this happening?! Can i tweak with something and make it to how it was before? Please help, thanks riders
I can't speak to your overheating issues (though it might be connected) when you change the exhaust so dramatically you are probably going to need to adjust the fuel. When I am modding my carbuereted ruckus something like a dramatic exhaust swap requires rejetting otherwise the bike won't perform properly - often worse than stock. Maybe others can chime in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I purchased a Yoshimura R77 slip on exhaust and have had no problems. As a matter of fact ......I haven't had to change anything . Not sure why your bike now has a heating problem. Something is not right.

·
Registered
48 Posts
May as well and go with the R77 full-system. With the low volume insert left out it's pretty loud. It's pretty loud with it in also. It takes between 30-45 minutes to switch out from stock to Yoshi. If you go with a slip-on, you might further down the line wish you had got a full-system when you had the chance. vroom vroom...

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Hello Riders! So today I got my new exhaust today ( this is exactly what I got Honda CB/CBR 300F/R (2015) Shorty Exhaust. Color: Gold | Coffman's Exhaust ) and I don't know why I lost so much power and my engine heats up! Why is this happening?! Can i tweak with something and make it to how it was before? Please help, thanks riders
Overheating can be a symptom of too much back pressure due to a restrictive exhaust, but looking at the picture of your shorty it sure don't look restrictive!
May pay to check there's no packaging or something in there blocking the flow. Is it noisy? How many bars did you have showing on your temp gauge?

If its running too lean the motor will run hotter as well. Is it popping on the over-run? (when you back off the throttle at revs) as this this a sign of a too lean fuel mixture.

A full system is not necessarily the answer IMO, my bike runs just fine with a slip on.

I cant think of any other possibilities I'm afraid, good luck with getting it sorted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any follow up on this overheat issue with these Coffmans exhaust?

Was going to purchase one but a little skeptical after reading this overheat issue.

Anyone with Coffmans having the same issue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts