Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a temp gauge on my 300f and read that the cbr300r has one.

Has anyone fitted one to the F?

I could do it easily by splicing a sensor adaptor into the radiator hose but wondering if there's a more elegant way to do it, for example by taking some signal from the ecu ?

I understand that there's a warning light on the dash but I'm a bit anal about these things :).

My bike is either switched off or doing between 100 and 150 kph for 3-500 km per trip in heat that's rarely below 34c and gets up to 42c so I worry about temperature.
Having said that I've not had any issues yet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you have concerns about overheating look at Evans Waterless Coolant. Boils at a much higher temperature and also doed not form bubbles on the cylinder walls as boiling water does. This means the walls have a continuous film of coolant resulting in better cooling. Does not need replacing either. Had it for years in mt NT650 Deauville and put it in the CBR300 when I got it a year ago. Evans Waterless Coolants - The engine coolant of choice for Noble, Honda world MX team, Kubota, Rotax and many more

·
Registered
188 Posts
No need to worry about over heating in Thailand,my temperature gauge has never gone above three bars.
That includes stuck in midday city traffic at 40c and screaming up and down the gearbox on twisty back roads.
Must admit that I don't take my bike on those boring straight dual carriageways for 500km at a time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, i much prefer the twisties... i generally ride around Kanchanaburi on the back roads.
My favourite is the 4041 mountain pass which goes along side the sirinakarin lake.
but to get to Kanchanaburi its about 100km of wide fast road from where i live.

I ride with guys with Z900, V-strom 650, CB650F, Bennelli 300 TNT so im thrashing the bike to the max to keep up on the straights.

As i give her a hard life, im changing the oil every 4000 kms.....
I like to tinker, so i'll look at a nice gauge fitment, though not highest priority...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ride my F similar to you frog. I'm going on a trip again this weekend, keeping up with CBR600's, S100RR, Triples etc. ~400km days.
I put a bigger front sprocket on which helps keep the revs a little off redline.

Never had a problem with heat except for maybe once when I was riding about 130km/h for some time and then had to stop suddenly. The bike didn't want to start or hold idle for 10 seconds, but then it was fine.

I change the oil every 6 thousand km and filter at 12.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So ive been riding my Cb300f in Canada with 10-15degree temperture, on the highway about 30-40km with 10km of side roads and seem to be over heating consistently in the last week. Wondering why the fan never turns on? Checked my coolant and oil changed every 2000ish km. Seems like topping out the bike for 15 minutes going with traffic could be the cause, bikes definitely not build for the highway it seems!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The CB300 should have no problem keeping up the type traffic you're describing. So, I'm not really sure what you consider... over-heating. What is the bike doing to lead you to that diagnosis? I'd recommend checking the fluid levels. With a cooler engine, check the plastic reservoir and at the radiator under the radiator cap. It should be all the way up to the neck, just under the cap. If not, add fluid to the radiator and tank. Also suggest you check your owners manual. Find and verify the electric radiator fan's fuse is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts