MRA Racing Screen
Acerbis Dual Road handguards
Honda tank protector
12V socket + 5V USB port with a switch

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Very nice rig, what sort of touring do you plan to do on it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Youda. I'll stick to local weekend trips for now.
@ Kiwi Rider: yeah, it's on my bucket list to tour Oregon and Washington state in the US and BC in Canada. Maybe in several years when my son laeves for college.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I was testing full luggage load with Maddog tank bag and 50l Oxford dry bag. I currently have preload set at 3. I might go to 4. Also I have to figure out where to place the GPS. I keep it on the tank bag for now, but it's out of direct sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Today I was testing full luggage load with Maddog tank bag and 50l Oxford dry bag. I currently have preload set at 3. I might go to 4. Also I have to figure out where to place the GPS. I keep it on the tank bag for now, but it's out of direct sight.
That's pretty cool I've been considering setting my bike up the same way. Do the hand guards and windshield really help on the highway?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty cool I've been considering setting my bike up the same way. Do the hand guards and windshield really help on the highway?
Hand guards are helping a lot. I was testing heated gear the other day in 47 F weather. I did not have to turn on the heated gloves at all while riding at 65 mph. However, I expected more from the windshield. I'm still adjusting the position of it. The best setting so far still gives me a turbulence in chest area (no big deal) while the wind hits me at the top of my shoulders (I'm 5'8"). My arms are fully exposed as well. Still, the windshield is significant improvement compared to full wind blast.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Like the saddlebags,
Would probably lower the windshield a bit.

Are you running the stock rear sprocket? Chain seems mightily close to the bolts!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Like the saddlebags,
Would probably lower the windshield a bit.

Are you running the stock rear sprocket? Chain seems mightily close to the bolts!
The entire drivetrain is stock. Hepco and Becker rack/bags also clear all movable parts nicely. As far as the windshield position goes, I lover it significantly in warm weather. Here are (hopefully) better pictures:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts