Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Being almost 70 I am really comfortable with my 2 wheeled car!
Thats the spirit, I'm finding too as I age I care less what others think. What you've done to your bike all looks neat and tidy, I'm all for customising to suit your requirements, Honda doesn't always get everything just right!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bar Risers - not simple to install

I have finished all the changes I am going to make to my CB300FA.

View attachment 3481
I notice you have put some bar risers on. I got some SW Motech ones to put on my wife's F. Only a 20mm rise (3/4") but what a time getting them on! You'd think there'd be a little slack in the cables to allow, BUT NO! I had to tilt a lever here, bend a cable guide there, etc. to get the length. Honda has even glued the brake hose to the grommet so you can't pull it out. The throttle is slotted into the bar so it can't rotate to give a little extra slack on those cables. So I got mine to work, but just barely. It feels good when sitting but I really haven't had a chance to test it yet on the road.
I presume you had the same problems and found a way too. You'd definitely have to get new cables to go higher.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Ive changed bars on a few bikes now and it's often not as straight forward as it sounds. A couple,of times Ive had to purchase new cables or modify the existing ones. Nothing worse than having your bike increase revs on full lock because the throttle cable is at full stretch!

I went for lower clip-ons on my 300R so had the opposite problem to you with too much slack in the cables as I lowered them about 50mm. I removed the two metal cable guides/clamps on the triple clamps and let the cables find their own natural resting place then attached a couple of cable ties there loosely just so they didnt flap too much. Looks good now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's quite the windscreen lol! Ride on partner whatever floats your boat. I can't believe how popular the 300f has gotten, where abouts are you in Ontario?

Reactions: autopilot

·
Registered
282 Posts
Being almost 70 I am really comfortable with my 2 wheeled car!
Well said!
I have a few mates of the same age and older still riding and great distances too.
I the last couple of years I have ridden with a guy who is in his 80's and we rode our Vespa's up to Sterling in the highlands of Scotland him from London and me from the black country. No that's not a derogatory term its the heart of England where the whole of the industrial world was born.

Ride on pal and F*&K the nay sayers;);)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a windshield and top case on my wife's F now. I got the top case from some clearance place in Toronto (Markham and Finch -check Kijiji). A Chinese knock off no doubt but 35 litres and $39 tax included. Not quite Givi quality but not bad either. I made a mount which is over the rear seat (a lot of fussy work!) since she doesn't ride double and it's less likely to affect handling hanging way off the back. I left enough space under the box to take the seat off. It's a lot more practical now. She has a place for her purse, she can stow her helmet and it carries quite a lot. It's surprising how much more you ride when it's a 2-wheeled car!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love those "Jubilee Clips".
I haven't heard that expression before. I presume you are referring to the hose clamps/gear clamps. Yes, not the ultimate in attachment but they do work. I have them wrapped in black tape now so they are not so obvious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts