Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to test my luck to see if anyone knows how to to remove the battery case of the 2020 cb300r? I accidentally over-torqued the screws that hold the tank cover down and ruined the plastic supports of the battery case. I received a brand new battery case already and I'm ready to install it.

I already know how to disconnect the whole tank and everything above the battery. The only thing that is giving me trouble is how I disconnect the front of the case. I was thinking that maybe I have to take off the radiator just to get underneath instead? My issue seems to be unique because There are no clear schematics or any videos related to the removal of the battery case. The '13' and '8' parts in this schematic are connected to what needs to be unsecured so I can remove the case (located under the handlebars, behind the headlight, inside of the front of the frame as you'll see in the second schematic).

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is maybe the oddest thing I've seen Honda Motorsport do to what has always been their simple, straight-forward, and easy to work on motorcycles. All I can find is a video on battery removal. Not the best I've seen, and he's a bit annoying to listen to, but maybe there's something there you may have over-looked, or can see while viewing someone else attempting the same.
A service manual would surely show and explain, but I've not seen a PDF file available on here. Good Luck.
Honda CB300R Battery Location, Service, Pigtail Installation - YouMotorcycle

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
That's an annoying location alright. Esp when your stuck away from home with no tools to rewove the seat and covers and need a jump start. Very un-Honda like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is maybe the oddest thing I've seen Honda Motorsport do to what has always been their simple, straight-forward, and easy to work on motorcycles. All I can find is a video on battery removal. Not the best I've seen, and he's a bit annoying to listen to, but maybe there's something there you may have over-looked, or can see while viewing someone else attempting the same.
A service manual would surely show and explain, but I've not seen a PDF file available on here. Good Luck.
Honda CB300R Battery Location, Service, Pigtail Installation - YouMotorcycle
Guess I'll just have to play the guessing game now. Now I have bigger things to worry about because I unfortunately lowsided on broken glass that was on the road, but I know at least it's all easy fixes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an annoying location alright. Esp when your stuck away from home with no tools to rewove the seat and covers and need a jump start. Very un-Honda like.
I used to have an 09' Rebel 250 and somehow a terminal came loose on a trip somehow but it was so easy to just work on such a simple machine. I understand Honda relocating the battery for weight distribution, but I guess you gotta sacrifice some accessibility for efficiency sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts